It’s been ages since I did a Face of the Day post. Yesterday I was playing around with a pigment eye shadow that I bought a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to write about it.
I just got my hair recolored, and it is a bright but deep copper shade. I decided to reach for the Darling Girl pigment in the duochrome shade, Brocade, that is wine colored with a strong copper shift. This time, I wanted to try applying it using a setting spray, and I’m glad I did. I know I have some Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray in a deluxe sample somewhere in my stash, but I couldn’t find it. Instead, I found a travel size Coola setting spray with SPF, so I tried that. Boy, does it make applying pigment a breeze! Spray a little setting spray on the brush, tap a little pigment into the cap of the jar or onto a palette, dip in the brush and tap it on your lid. I applied it over Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Primer. No fallout, and the color did not fade or budge at all. I hated taking it off at 2am (don’t ask, I couldn’t sleep) because it looked so fresh.
On my lips, I used a NARS lip pencil that I got from Sephora’s birthday gift a couple of years ago, and covered it with the Darling Girl 3D Balm Gloss, Leeloo, for a coppery look.
Here’s everything I used:
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Eye Primer
- Darling Girl pigment eyeshadow, Brocade: the shade on the right
- Coola Makeup Setting Spray Green Tea & Aloe SPF 30
- Smashbox Always Sharp 3D Liner Crayon Eye-Liner, Billionaire
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Exuviance Cover Blend Treatment Makeup SPF 30, Bisque: this foundation is amazingly full coverage and so easy to apply
- Stila Sunset Serenade Convertible Lip and Cheek Color: shades 3 Gerbera & 4 Camellia
- NARS Satin Lip Pencil, Rikugien
- Darling Girl 3D Balm, Leeloo
Though I also love pinks, purples, and neutrals, I must admit that copper colors are the favorites for this redhead. Which shades do you find yourself gravitating towards?
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty