I belong to a number of beauty-related groups on Facebook. One of the groups is for “makeup lovers”, but it seems to be filled with professional makeup artists. This group is a revelation for me, still a makeup novice even in middle-age, lol.
This morning, one of the members posted a useful little article from Cosmo.com with 16 makeup tricks. Rather than rewrite the post, I’ll just post the link. It is definitely worth a look.
My favorites from their list are:
- a quick way to create the smoky part of a smoky eye using a hashtag
- using a white eyeliner pencil all over your eyelids before applying a sheer or light shadow to make it pop
- using a spoon handle (or an index card) to draw the wing for a cat eye
- making lip balm out of loose pigments and, they suggest petroleum jelly…but I’ll use coconut oil
- using a toilet seat liner as a makeup blotter if you’re on the go and need one in a pinch!
Let me know which tips you like best or if you have a few of your own to add to the list!
Last, I have another beauty tip I’d like to mention. The makeup artists in the Facebook group frequently mention Alcone Company Professional Makeup Supplies. I just “liked” the Alcone Makeup Facebook page so I can stay on top of their Daily Deals. Each day, they feature a different product at a greatly reduced price with free shipping. Boy, I wish I had known about this sooner. And I wish I had more money to burn. Today, they’re featuring Embryolisse Artist Secret Eye Stick for $27 instead of $45 to soothe eyes, reduce dark circles and puffiness, and smooth out eye contours — something I could really use. Yesterday, they featured Cinema Secrets brush cleaner for only $24 instead of $39.50. Check it out. You’ll be glad you did!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Never Say Die Beauty