Our world is filled with chemicals, some benign, others not so much. But fortunately more and more dedicated individuals, often women entrepreneurs, have been creating natural alternatives for the beauty and skincare products that we wear on our skin instead of the synthetic products that are ubiquitous on store shelves.
Tania Reuben created Pure Natural Diva five years ago to help people live a natural eco-savvy lifestyle. Her website has all kinds of useful information on cooking, cleaning, travel, and even parenting that emphasize sustainable and safer living with fewer synthetic chemicals.
More than a year ago, Tania launched Pure Natural Diva Botanicals. PND products include natural and organic perfumes, body products and soaps.
Tania developed a line of organic perfumes that are crafted by hand in micro-batches from naturally sourced ingredients such as essential oils, absolutes, minerals, and tinctures. Since then, her perfumes have been featured twice in Women’s Wear Daily, and she was called a “maverick” by Frangantica.com. Awesome.
For me, fragrances (and wines!) are a little difficult to write about because words are the stand-ins for the scents themselves. So I will use the descriptions that Tania wrote to describe her scents.
- Pure: “A green citrus. Like your favorite spa. Sensually uplifting like a sunny day in a mixed field of lemongrass and lavender. Notes include uplifting cassie, lavender, soothing chamomile, lemon, lime, and Egyptian neroli.”
- Natural: “A light citrus floral. Fresh and inviting. Imagine a picnic in a rose-bordered citrus grove. Notes include a hint of clary sage, exalting pink grapefruit, Moroccan rose, and soothing ylang ylang.”
- Diva: “A spicy vanilla. Full of soul, spicy, sultry, and mysterious. Notes include natural musk derived from the ambrette seed, a sinfully smooth New Caledonian sandalwood, blended together in lusciously robust vanilla.”
- Elixir: “A citrus vanilla. Sensurally uplifting – as delicious as a lingering morning with an ocean view. Notes include aphrodisiacal vanilla, a hint of oak moss, exquisite osmanthus married with rejuvenating pink grapefruit and red mandarin.”
Pure and Natural are lighter, fresher, greener scents. Both are perfect for spring and summer. Regardless of the season, I’m a fan of big, deeper scents, and Elixir and Diva both fit the bill! No wonder: they both are vanilla based, and Diva has musk, an ingredient that works with my body chemistry to make a scent longer-lasting.
The perfume comes in three options:
- 5 ml To Go Spray: $40
- 50 ml Signature Bottle: $100
- 4 scent sampler: $16 for 4 sample size vials.
I was amazed to find out that at least 30% of Americans have fragrance allergies and even more are sensitive to fragrances. In fact, a friend told me she doesn’t wear scent because her husband can’t tolerate the smell. Yesterday, Jeff, my SO, told me he couldn’t stand it when women he dated years ago wore perfume. Thankfully, he doesn’t seem to mind when I wear them. For those who are sensitive to synthetic fragrances, who develop headaches or allergies to traditional manufactured scents, 100% natural Pure Natural Diva Botanicals scents may be just the thing.
Whipped Body Butter
I also received a small sample of Whipped Body Butter in the Elixir scent to try out. The body butter is so hydrating for my super-dry skin. The fragrance is gorgeous. It is subtle on the skin. But OMG, the scented body butter layered with the perfume is absolutely divine! LOVE it!
The Whipped Body Butter comes in the four perfume scents. It is crafted with shea butter and organic coconut oil. Each contains 87% organic content, and it comes in a 4 oz. glass jar for $30.
If you follow my blog, you know that I adore all things heart-shaped. I was so happy that Tania sent me a heart-shaped soap in the Diva scent to try. Love, love, love.
This soap is so pretty that for several weeks, I just looked at it. It was too pretty to use. But I finally broke down and tried it. It makes just enough lather, and it is not drying to my skin. The Diva scent is very subtle.
The organic soaps also come in the four signature scents. Pure, Natural and Diva soaps are $10, and Elixir is $12 per bar.
I haven’t tried them yet, but Pure Natural Diva Botanicals also makes:
- body and room spray
- organic body and hand wash
- organic body lotion
in three scents: Pure, Natural and Diva.
Two additional products, Organic Sugar Scrub and Bath Soak, come in the four scents.
I noticed organic cold pressed Argan Oil on the website, and a recently noticed that another blogger reviewed facial moisturizer. There are also lovely gift sets on the website.
So if you are trying to avoid synthetic chemicals especially in the products you use on your skin, or if you are allergic to manufactured scents, or if you just love artisan-made products, check out Pure Natural Diva natural and organic products.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Never Say Die Beauty