Quick announcement: congratulations to Gabrielle L. who won the Paula’s Choice RESIST Omega+ Complex giveaway! Thank you to all of you who entered, followed, liked, visited, tweeted, commented, and subscribed. I really appreciate it! I am currently trying out another Paula’s Choice treatment product, and they generously sent me a second bottle to giveaway. Stay tuned for that giveaway in a couple of weeks xo
A lot of new skincare products have come my way over the last several weeks. Frankly, I’m blown away by the changes that are constantly going on in skincare. To tell the truth, it’s hard to keep up! When it comes to skincare, it takes several weeks to test skincare in order to look for changes in my skin and to make sure there are no adverse effects. So I thought I’d give you a sneak peak into the products I’ll be doing full reviews on over the next couple of months.
I’ve received an interesting array of new products to try for a variety of brands: brands I know well and a number of brands that are new to me. Some of the products are facial skincare:
- DERMA E: Microdermabrasion Scrub and Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
- Aveda: Wedding Masque Overnight Eye Masque and Wedding Masque Overnight
- Jan Marini Physical Protectant Broad Spectrum SPF 45: Love at first use for me with this lightweight, velvety, tinted moisturizer with physical sunscreen SPF 45.
I received two very intriguing body care products that contain the kind of ingredients that you’d find in facial skincare:
- DerMend Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula: This body cream contains retinol and other ingredients to build up thin mature skin. I have just started using this and I’m eager to see if it will help the skin especially on my legs that has begun to look thinner and more fragile. I’m also hoping that it might help fade some of my sun damage.
- LaDifference LDC Advanced Plumping Hand Cream: Similar to DerMend, this new hand cream is supposed to help plump older skin and make it look younger and fuller. Hope it does!
Another unique product, Busy Beauty Showerless Shave Gel – a shave gel that you can use without water. Although it’s rare that I decide to shave my legs or underarms when I’m not in the shower, I guess it could happen. Camping? No seriously, I’m sure there are times when this would be helpful. Regardless, I’m in love with the look of this product – the retro-ish packaging is adorable.
Aveda has sent me a number of haircare products recently. Aveda is on the scalp bandwagon with Purifying Scalp Cleanser and Protective Scalp Concentrate. I need to read up on these scalp products and their benefits. I always thought my shampoo helped my scalp stay healthy, but maybe there’s something I don’t know. Curious about these. Aveda also sent me several dry haircare products. Dry shampoo etc. is not for me so when I review the scalp products, I will hold a giveaway for the three “dry” Aveda products: Shampure Dry Shampoo and refill as well as Dry Conditioner.
Aveda was also kind enough to send a fabulous scented candle with the spicy herbal scent that I associate with Aveda products. I know I’ll love this.
Last but not least, I received a Hydrochic 3/4 sleeve raglan T-shirt made of fast-drying fabric that can be worn on the beach as well as in the water. It’s a sunscreen top that will help protect my already sun damaged skin from further damage. I’m eager to try this out, but it’s been so cold here in Massachusetts that beach days still seem far away. But it’s such a cute top, I’m thinking of just wearing it for sports or as an athleisure top in the meantime. More info to come.
Have you tried any of these products?
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty