Oh, this month I used up a lot of big bottles. Happy day!
- StriVectin Hair All Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner for Frizz-Prone Hair: How usual is it to use up both shampoo and conditioner in the same month? Not very, right? But I did! StriVectin’s All Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner are one of my favorite shampoos and conditioners. They make my hair very manageable and keep frizz at bay for days. I love everything about them except for when I got to the end of the bottles especially with the conditioner. It was really hard to get the last amount out of these unusually shaped squeeze bottles. I wish there was a way to open the bottles to make it easier to get the last bits out. Repurchase? At some point I will repurchase them, but I have so many bottles of shampoo and conditioner that I must finish up before spending more money.
- Briogeo Be Gentle. Be Kind. Green Tea Shampoo: I love Briogeo Be Gentle. Be kind. Green Tea Shampoo especially for when I want to get my hair really clean. Although it’s SLS-free, it makes a ton of lather and it rinses clean to a squeak (that I like). I’d say that it’s a great shampoo for normal to oily hair. My hair is dry, but I still like to use it from time to time though I can’t use it all the time. Repurchase? I already have another bottle waiting in the wings.
Bath & Body
- Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion: I bought this big bottle to keep at Jeff’s house so it took me a long time to use it up. I liked this fragrance-free thick lotion for “extra-dry” skin. It hydrates my super dry skin really well. But I don’t like some of the ingredients: mineral oil and parabens. Repurchase? No, I have so many natural body butter jars that I’ll bring to Jeff’s.
- Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Radiant with Pure Cocoa Butter: I also bought this travel size lotion and left it at Jeff’s. I love the rich lotion and the cocoa butter scent. I also love how it disappears into my skin immediately. Unfortunately, petrolatum is the second ingredient but that’s why it works so well. Repurchase? I probably will pick up another 3 oz. tube of this to bring to the beach.
- Treets Traditions Nourishing Spirits Foaming Shower Gel: I was impressed with this cool foaming shower gel from a new brand, Treets Traditions. I found that it foams up much better than my former fave, RITUALS Sakura Shower Foam, though I don’t like the delicate melon scent quite as much as I love the Japanese cherry blossom scent from RITUALS. Did I mention that it is great used as shaving foam? Repurchase? I just tried the body oil from Treets Traditions Relaxing Chakra collection that smells like Japanese cherry blossom, so I think I’ll try the Relaxing Chakra version of Treets Traditions Foaming Shower Gel next time.
- Farmhouse Fresh Whoopie Cream Body Wash: Love love love just about everything from natural, cruelty-free brand, Farmhouse Fresh, and their Whoopie pie or cream scent is one of my favorites. The Whoopie Cream Body Wash was so much fun to use because it smelled so darn yummy! Repurchase? Yes, eventually. Right now I have 6 body wash/shower gels open in my shower.
- Avene Hydrance Optimale Serum: This is the second bottle of Avene Hydrance Optimale Serum that I’ve used up. It contains a lot of thermal water delivered continuously to skin via liposomes. I thought it also had hyaluronic acid, but I just checked the ingredients and it doesn’t. Nevertheless, it keeps my skin feeling hydrated overnight or throughout the day. Repurchase? I plan to, but right now I have so many serums I need to use some of them up. I most likely will wait till winter when the air inside and out is dry and then I’ll buy another bottle.
- Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist: I recently reviewed this lovely rose toner, and I still love it in spite of the fact that it contains alcohol. Repurchase? Already have, but right now I’m loving LATHER Bulgarian Rose Mist that doesn’t have alcohol in its ingredient list.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer: I finished up a sample of FAB Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer that I got in a recent subbie bag, but I have used this moisturizer previously. I may even have purchased it in my quest to hydrate my dry skin during the winter. I like it, but I don’t love it. I think I expected more lasting hydration from this fragrance-free lotion. If you have normal skin that gets dry from time to time, you’ll really like this lotion, but if your skin is super dry, this may not be hydrating enough. Repurchase? No.
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water: Another one of my favorite products. This is my second bottle. I love this micellar water because it does a good job removing my makeup as a first step in my cleansing process, and most importantly, it doesn’t sting my sensitive eyes. Other brands sting me even though they are not supposed to. Repurchase? I will when I finish up my big bottle of BioDerma Hydrabio.
- ACURE Coconut + Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes: I received this travel size packet of towelettes in one of my subbie bags. The towelettes were gentle and they had a lovely coconut-y scent. I didn’t find that they did that good a job removing makeup, unfortunately. They also dried out before I used them all up. Repurchase? No. There are other brands of towelettes that I think work better.
- BlenderCleanser Solid Makeup Sponge and Brush Cleanser: I think this solid cleanser does an excellent job cleaning my blending sponges and brushes. I pretty much prefer it to any other cleanser. Repurchase? Already did.
- Natrol Biotin 5000mcg Fast Dissolve Tablets: Love the taste of these grape-flavored dissolving tabs for my hair and nails. I take two at a time because I’ve found that 10000mcg is the best dose for me. Repurchase? I already did, but for a few weeks, I couldn’t find the bottle. My nails definitely suffered during those weeks when it was missing. I rely on biotin for healthy nails and hair.
- Sensodyne Repair & Protect Toothpaste: My favorite toothpaste. I need the enamel repairing ingredients as well as the gentleness for sensitive teeth. Repurchase? I already bought another tube of Sensodyne, but I noticed I bought the wrong one – I didn’t get the Repair & Protect version, boo.
So that’s it for my empties this month. Glad to recycle all of these big bottles! What did you use up in May?
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty