I’ve become a fan of cushion foundations.
Have you tried the relatively new liquid or mousse-like foundations, BB or CC creams that come in a compact? For me, their key benefits are:
- portability – so much easier to carry around than a bottle or even a tube
- ease of use – not only quick to apply but easy to touch up, if necessary.
A few months ago, I received the fabulous Age Correcting Foundation Cushion with Broad Spectrum SPF 25 Sunscreen from AMOREPACIFIC. I was familiar with AMOREPACIFIC primarily as a skincare company, so I was curious and eager to try their makeup.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with AMOREPACIFIC, here’s a little background. Started in 1945, the Korean skincare company AMOREPACIFIC is the number one skincare brand in Korea. It is known, not only for innovative and cutting edge skincare and ingredients, but also for corporate responsibility including environmental responsibility. To that end, AMOREPACIFIC utilizes local, carefully grown green tea leaves in its products. Here is what they have to say about their green tea:
- “AMOREPACIFIC’s sacred and protected gardens are located at the foot of Halla Mountain on the Pacific Isle of Jeju, off the coast of Korea. These gardens are nourished by the world’s purest spring water and mineral-rich volcanic soil, which are the ideal conditions to produce green tea. Here, vital parts of the green tea plant are meticulously grown and handpicked at the peak of their optimal potency, at specific times of the month, day and year, to ensure superior efficacy for its use in skincare.”
It sounds lovely, doesn’t it?
AMOREPACIFIC Age Correcting Foundation Cushion SPF 25
AMOREPACIFIC Age Correcting Foundation Cushion SPF 25 comes in 5 shades, three with pink undertones and two with yellow undertones. As a woman with pink undertones, I was very excited because most foundations and BB/CC creams are too yellow for me. I looked at the chart, and since I’m not very fair, I chose the next shade up: shade 104 Light/Medium with pink undertones.
I was thinking it would be summer, and my light skin would be a little more tanned than usual. Well, I chose wrong. Shade 104 Light/Medium was too dark for me when it arrived in early May, and now in early August, it’s a better match but, truth be told, it’s still a bit too dark. I’m sad because I really love this foundation. So my suggestion if you’re interested in this convenient and lovely foundation, try to see the shades in person to get a good color match.
When the foundation cushion arrived in the mail, I was blown away. It came in a beautiful gold box that contained the compact and a replacement cushion for use after I finish the first one.
The compact itself is stunning, golden and glowing. Inside is a big and useful mirror and a spongy puff that’s perfect for applying the foundation.
The spongy puff is the right size for pressing into the foundation and applying to my face. My only complaint (and it’s the same complaint I have for any cushion compact I’ve tried) is that it’s difficult to wash. I’ve tried using a blending sponge, and it does work, but it defeats the ease of the cushion compact. So I wash the spongy puff, and live with it even though I can’t make it look as pretty and clean as new, not even close.
The foundation is a dream. First, it has a built-in primer. I didn’t believe it, but it’s true. I don’t need to apply a separate primer. Yay! The cushion foundation bounces on easily, is buildable, and provides full coverage. Plus, it is as light as a feather on my skin. It gives me a semi-matte finish with a bit of dewiness.
And the age correcting part is just what the doctor ordered for my well over 40 skin. I love the way the foundation doesn’t settle into my fine lines, wrinkles or pores. My skin looks quite smooth and feels silky. Here are the key ingredients and their benefits:
- Even-Layer Protective Technology ™ conceals pores and visibly evens out skin tone to prime skin.
- Long-Lasting™ Complex maintains coverage even through hot and humid conditions.
- Green Miracle T™ , AMOREPACIFIC’s patented ingredient, helps to restore skin and boosts natural suppleness and density for a youthful appearance.
- Green Tea Polysaccharides, a powerful antioxidant, protects skin’s surface from environmental aggressors.
- Broad Spectrum SPF 25 protects skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays that cause skin aging.
AMOREPACIFIC Age Correcting Foundation Cushion SPF 25 is a bit of a splurge at $80, but remember, that includes two cushions. The compact could last for quite a long time. Plus, this is such a lovely compact to take when traveling or to bring to work or out in the evening. And it has those skincare benefits! It can be purchased on the AMOREPACIFIC website by clicking the image below (and there’s an ad for the AMOREPACIFIC Resort Collection Sun Protection SPF 30+ Cushion Compact in my sidebar), at Sephora, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, or Neiman Marcus.
Even though I wish I had gotten the lightest shade, I find myself reaching for the AMOREPACIFIC Age Correcting Foundation Cushion fairly often because it’s so easy to apply and feels so good.
Have you tried AMOREPACIFIC foundation or skincare products? Do you have a favorite cushion foundation?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty