In April, I used up fewer products but more full size products. I love recycling full size products! As usual, the vast majority are skincare products. Some are already repurchases.
Here’s what I finished up and what I thought about them.
- EO Everyone Hand Soap, Meyer Lemon + Mandarin: I love EO products. They smell great, and they don’t have bad stuff in them. It’s made with essential oils and botanical ingredients, and it doesn’t strip my skin when I wash my hands. Meyer Lemon + Mandarin is a terrific natural smelling citrus scent. Thoughts? I already have another one that I’m using in my kitchen in a different scent combo. I know I will repurchase this scent combo in the future.
- nspa by Nirvana Spa Coconut Body Butter: I really loved this body butter that I received a couple of years ago for review. nspa is a UK brand, and at the time I got it, it had just been introduced to Walmart. It’s a natural body butter. The scent was authentic, and the body butter was hydrating and easy to rub in with no white cast. It was priced at less than $5 for a good-sized tub (200 ml/6.76 fl.oz.). Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be available at Walmart anymore. You can still buy it on Amazon at more than twice the price. Thoughts? I have two tubs of body butter from other brands to finish up, but I really liked this product. It was among my absolute favorites because was so quick to use with no white cast to have to rub in. What’s available on Amazon now is 2 tubs for $24.95, so $12.50 each. Still a good deal, I think. The body butter is also available in other scents: Raspberry, Mango etc. for $11 each. It’s good stuff.
- StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream: If you follow my blog, you know I’m a big fan of the regular StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream. I received the new Light gel version of my beloved neck cream several months ago, and it was love at first use. The gel is so much easier to apply than the thick cream. I think the Light version is better for a broader range of users because it’s not as heavy. I wish I had taken a photo of the gel versus the cream to show you, duh. Thoughts? Because I stockpiled 3 or 4 jars of the regular thick StriVectin neck cream, I can’t go out and buy the Light version. But if I didn’t have a stash, I’d buy the Light rather than the regular. It’s great stuff and worth the high price (check QVC in my Shopstyle link where it’s less expensive!). Oh! I just noticed that Ulta has a $15 travel size of the Light. I may have to get that for hot summer days in spite of my big stash of the cream version.
- Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm: My lips are always dry either because of the weather, dry indoor heat, sun, drying lipsticks or maybe just my age. Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm has been the most effective treatment for me to help revitalize my dry lips. It’s a very thick ointment and very soothing. If I didn’t wear drying lipsticks at all, my lips would probably be OK but I do, so they continually get dry. Thoughts? This is the third tube of Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm I’ve finished, and I have another one waiting in the wings. This stuff is my jam.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: I was given this sample size (0.14 fl.oz.) version of Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer at Sephora by the Hourglass rep when I purchased a full size Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer that he recommended to me. I had already finished up a full size Veil Mineral Primer at the time. Thoughts? I use Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer in the winter when I really need something heavy and full of hydrating oils, but in the warmer weather, I prefer Veil Mineral Primer. I just bought a travel size.
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet: I got this travel size tube in a Sephora Play bag, I think. It’s a lovely natural moisturizer with a very light floral scent. Thoughts? It’s described as a gel cream, but it’s more cream than gel. I liked it, but instead of having a dewy finish that I prefer, it had a greaseless, more of a matte finish. I have a million moisturizers now so I am not buying it.
- Sesderma Sensyses Cleanser Lightening Lipid Bubbles Solution: I got this sample or travel size in a subbie bag some months ago, and I brought it to Jeff’s and I’m not there that often. Frankly, I am confused in retrospect about what the heck it was. I think it was a cleanser. I think I remember it having a nice citrus scent. Thoughts? I honest don’t remember it much so I guess it wasn’t that impressive. Have you ever heard of or tried it?
These are my empties. What did you use up last month?
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty