August was a good month for me in terms of emptying out beauty products. Just about all were full-size products so I love recycling them to make room for more. Several I replaced with another one of the same, but a few I went on to something new.
Let’s see what’s in the recycling stash. Let’s start with skincare products since that’s the category I use up the fastest.
- Swisspers Cotton Rounds: It seems like I have an empty sleeve in my recycling every month or so. I use 3 per night: one to remove eye makeup, one to remove face makeup and one to apply toner. As I mentioned previously, I bought a box of 8 sleeves, I think, at Costco. It was a terrific deal, and I still have a few left. You’ll be seeing this again.
- Skintimate SkinTherapy Moisturizing Shave Gel: I used to buy multiples of this shave gel at Costco, but they don’t seem to have it any more. Too bad because I did like it. Now, I’m using Somersets English Shaving Oil, and I am getting a closer shave with the oil.
- Peter Lamas Energizing Antioxidant Body Lotion: I liked this body lotion a lot. It had a subtle fresh scent that didn’t linger. It is a medium weight lotion that is not greasy, sinks in immediately, and provides lasting hydration. If I didn’t have so many bottles and jars of body lotion and body butter, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy Peter Lamas Body Lotion. It’s a good one.
- Bioderma Hydrabio Micelle Solution for Sensitive Dehydrated Skin: Boy, am I sad to have used up this micellar water that is just perfect for my very dry skin. I am using the Bioderma Sensibio in the pink bottle now, and it works just as well as the Hydrabio to remove makeup and it’s great for my sensitive eyes, but it isn’t as hydrating as Hydrabio though it isn’t drying. I will use up the Sensibio, but for winter, I’ll repurchase Hydrabio because it’s the best for very dry skin.
- Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm: Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm was my best discovery from my Birchbox subscription. I have super dry lips, and this thick ointment does the best job, bar none, of rehydrating my lips. I honestly can’t be without it. For me, it works better than the Bite Beauty lip balm. I already had another tube of Dr. Lipp waiting in the wings.
- PCA Skin Ideal Complex Revitalizing Eye Gel: This, along with Dr. Lipp, are my two big skincare discoveries of 2016. PCA Skin Ideal Complex actually tightens up the loose skin above my eyelids. Others help a little, this clear gel helps a lot. I don’t know that it has permanently fixed/retightened the loose skin so that if I stopped using PCA Skin Ideal Complex, everything would be OK. But I don’t want to take the chance to find out. I repurchased this pricey eye gel during a 20% off sale at Dermstore earlier in August.
Makeup and Sundries
- Mirabella Lasting Lash Waterproof Mascara: Although I have a few favorite mascaras, I think this is my favorite mascara among the favorites. It’s a waterproof mascara that stays put but is easy to remove. It has a skinny wand with small plastic teeth that does a good job separating my lashes and coating my tiny lashes without any clumping. (So if you love a big, fuzzy wand, this isn’t for you.) I love this stuff! Even though Mirabella charges an exorbitant $10 for shipping, I repurchased this mascara ‘coz it’s worth it for me.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation, Light: I bought this cushion foundation in January on QVC, I think, as part of a collection. The cushion came with a spare that I’m using now. I wasn’t sure whether to buy Fair or Light, and I decided on Light. Frankly, I think Fair would have been better. The cushion foundation is easy to apply and provides light to medium coverage. I like having a cushion foundation for when I’m in a rush. But I get better coverage from IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream. Repurchase? Not sure. I wish it gave more of a full coverage. We’ll see.
- David Yurman Exotic Essence Eau de Parfum from Scentbird: I tried this floriental scent because the notes sounded like ones I would like. It is a peachy oriental fragrance. Very pretty, but different from what I usually wear. I remember a cashier at the supermarket telling me how much she liked the scent. I like Exotic Essence, but I’m not sure I like it enough to buy another full bottle. I may get another Scentbird sample size one of these days.
- Sensodyne Extra Fresh Repair & Protect Toothpaste: I have sensitive teeth, and I’m afraid that the enamel on my teeth could be eroding after all these years of living. Sensodyne is my jam. I bought more.
So the standouts for me this month are Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm, Bioderma Hydrabio Micellar Water, PCA Skin Ideal Eye Complex, and Mirabella Lasting Lash Waterproof Mascara. All have become HG products for me!
How about you? What standouts have you used up?
Check out some of my fellow beauty bloggers’ empties post too while you’re at it!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty