I continue to be a big fan of Exuviance Skincare whose founders were the scientists who the first glycolic acid peel. I love the fact that Exuviance and sister-brand, NeoStrata are serious skincare brands that are rooted in science. I’ve been using their products for more than two years, and I’ve had good results with them all. I was happy to have an opportunity through the blogger association Brandbacker to get to try out another one of their glycolic acid skincare products, Exuviance Performance Peel AP25, in exchange for an honest review.
Exuviance Performance Peel AP25: What It Is and What It Does
Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 utilizes a 25% professional level of an Alpha hydroxy acids and Poly hydroxy acids including Glycolic Acid, Mandelic Acid and Gluconolactone. It works both at the skin’s surface level to exfoliate dead skin cells as well as beneath the surface to encourage cell renewal that reveals new, healthier-looking skin. The product has been clinically proven to:
- Refine pore size and smooth texture
- Visibly diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve clarity and brightness
- Brighten and even skin tone
- Provide an all-over healthy glow, suppleness and smoothness to skin.
The benefits that I myself am most interested in are the reduction in lines and wrinkles, improved brightness and reducing my hard to get rid of remaining dark spots. Clinical studies have shown a reduction in skin issues after 30 days of using the product twice a week. I have had the product for less than two weeks so I have a way to go before I can weigh in with final results. But I wanted to let you know about this terrific addition to my skincare regimen while so many of you are putting together your holiday Wish List and while you’re getting your skin in tiptop shape for the holiday season.
In addition to using Exuviance Performance Peel on the face, it can also be used on the back of the hands, on the neck, chest/decolletage, and body. I am especially interested to see if it will help lighten the dark spots due to sun damage on the back of my hands because I haven’t done anything to treat that area thus far, and those dark spots really bug me.
How To Apply
The two step process for the Performance Peel is easy peasy. First cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser (that doesn’t count as part of the two steps, lol, since you’d do that anyway, right?).
- Step 1: Apply the Activator Pad (a small round pad that’s soaked in the Activator) to your face being careful to avoid the eye area and lips, though I do apply it to the skin between my nose and my lips where I have some vertical lines. Leave the Activator on for up to but no more than 10 minutes. If you experience a tingly sensation or discomfort, remove it sooner than 10 minutes. Some women including me do experience some dryness as a result of using the Activator. I apply extra hyaluronic acid and a richer moisturizer on the nights that I use Performance Peel. From time to time, my skin seems sensitive, but I haven’t experienced any sensitivity or tingling when using the Activator. I am able to leave it on for the entire 10 minutes with no issues.
- Step 2: Apply the Neutralizer Pad over the same areas where you applied the Activator Pad. It feels soothing. Continue with your normal skincare routine.
It is recommended that you use the Performance Peel twice a week. Once you know how your skin will react to this duo, Exuviance mentions using Performance Peel AP25 in conjunction with Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion, a fabulous exfoliator that I own, for enhanced results. I didn’t want to start out using the two products together until I knew how my skin would react to the Performance Peel AP25. But now that I know that my skin reacts well to this cocktail, I will give that a try. They recommend using Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion first and then follow with the Performance Peel AP25.
In their clinical studies, Exuviance found that 100% of the participants reported improvement in fine lines and wrinkles. I’m hoping I’ll agree! So far after a couple of uses, my skin looks brighter and smoother. I’m in for the long haul with these pads!
Product and Purchase Information
Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 comes in a book-like box with a 6 week supply/12 single use peels plus an extra set to do a sensitivity test. The price is $77. Though this set is somewhat pricey, I think it’s worth it. This is a professional level peel, and certainly one salon or dermatologist administered peel would cost a good deal more than this entire box.
Check out the Exuviance website for more information on the Performance Peel, the Triple Microdermabrasion that I also love, as well as the rest of their product line. I especially love my favorite Exuviance Gentle Creme Cleanser for the colder weather we’re having now. You can use Ebates (you can join for free on my homepage sidebar and get a $10 Welcome credit) to get cash back on purchases from the Exuviance site, and Exuviance sometimes has very appealing sales like the 20% off and Free Shipping that I noticed on the site today. Exuviance is also sold at Ulta Beauty, and I know that Ulta usually has its holiday coupon event in the next couple of weeks.
Have you tried Exuviance Skincare yet? If so, which products are your favorites?
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty