Last week, I went out to dinner with my friend, Kim, to celebrate her birthday. Since it was a happy and festive event – even though it was just the two of us on a Tuesday night, I decided to go with celebratory makeup and that means taking a break from my usual neutral matte shadows and neutral eyeliners. Instead, I pulled out my Lorac Unzipped Gold palette and essence waterproof gel eyeliner in a teal shade and went for a more glam and colorful shades. This is my out-to-dinner look.
This was originally going to be a collaborative post with other bloggers on colorful eyeliner. Although things changed, I still liked the theme. So let’s talk about the eyeliner. The essence waterproof gel eyeliner is a real steal. I picked it up months ago at Ulta for about $2.99. It goes on very smoothly, and it doesn’t smudge. It definitely stays on, doesn’t wash off even with soap and water, and it requires makeup remover to come off. Plus, I love this teal shade (essence doesn’t seem to name their shades!). It isn’t wild, but it definitely gives me a nice break from black, brown, grey, and greyed-purple eyeliners.
As I mentioned earlier, I used the Lorac Unzipped Gold eyeshadow palette on my eyes. Even though I wear matte shades most of the time, I love this palette. The shadows are so smooth and buttery with no fall out. <3<3<3 For this look, I used Unleashed, a golden shimmery bronze on the eyelid, and Undeniable, matte milk chocolate, in the crease and V. I used the essence gel eyeliner along my upper lashine with a small wing, and I used it to line the outer third along my lower lashline.
Here are the details on the rest of my festive look.
- Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ Foundation: I love this foundation that I bought during the summer. But looking at these photos, I can see that it is not the right shade for me now that I’ve lost my tan! I’ll put this away till I spend some time out in the sun! Yikes
- Stila cream blush in Pink Pointsettia from the holiday palette “Under the Mistletoe”
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Primer Potion
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil in Zero to tightline
- Lorac Unzipped Gold Eyeshadow Palette: If you don’t own this palette, just buy it before it’s gone. It is undeniably gorgeous, a blend of gold, rose gold and brown buttery shadows in mattes and significant shimmer shades.
- essence gel waterproof eyeliner, teal
- Shiseido Lash Curler
- 2 mascaras: Too Faced Lashgasm and L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara
- Milani Color Statement lipliner pencil in Naturally Chic on my eyebrows!
- Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Tulip: so creamy and comfortable
I wore this look with a black tunic with sparkly teal and blue bugle beads at the neckline and a cobalt blue sweater. I think it worked quite well.
Do you wear colorful eyeliner from time to time? Which shades do you like to wear? How/where you like to wear them – upper lash line, lower lash line, part of the lash line etc.? I’d love to know!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty