In three easy steps, you can create a great metallic ombre mani with a little glitter too. Kiss, the primo artificial nail brand, shows some love to natural nails too by creating Kiss Gradation Polishes. And I’m so grateful that they gave me one kit to try and one for you to win!
I was going to try an ombre mani by cutting up a sponge and applying three different shades and pressing it onto my nails one at a time, but when I saw the Kiss Gradation Polishes I said “nah” to a homemade ombre. This is soooooo much easier!
Gold is the color for Fall 2013, and I have a great new gold waterfall sweater with gold sequins from Midnight Velvet that I’m planning to wear to parties this holiday season.
My gold ombre mani with a touch of shimmer and glitter will be a perfect accompaniment.
Just 3 simple steps:
- With bottle #1, paint two coats of light gold on the entire nail. Let it dry.
- With bottle #2, paint one coat on the tip of the nail only, about 1/3 of the nail.
- While the polish from Step 2 is still wet, use bottle #3 to paint one coat on 1/2 of the nail and blend the glitter with the gold polish. Let all the coats dry.
The instructions recommend doing one hand at a time. I didn’t. I went for it with both, and it turned out fine.
Because Step 1 is the base coat, Kiss says no extra base coat is necessary. Since I seem to complicate everything that’s easy, I put on a base coat of Sally Hansen Miracle Cure, and I ended with a coat of essence gel-look topcoat. Again, it is not necessary to do this! But I did, and this nail polish did not chip one bit for over a week. In fact, it did not chip at all. I finally took it off because I needed to wear a different color. 🙂
Here’s Kiss’ YouTube video that shows you how to do it if my instructions weren’t clear: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN3FGtfyWI8
The website says “3 monochromtic polishes with hints of shimmer have a special formula to help colors blend and create the gradation look at home”. Well, I love the way it looks. It actually is rather subtle, and it can be fine for everyday. But the next time I do it for going out, I’m going to make sure I really shake the Step 3 glitter bottle and get more glitter on the brush to develop even more glam.
Kiss Gradation Polish kits come in 4 different color options: Exposure/gold, Film Noir black/silver, Big Break/blue, Freeze Frame/pink. I would like to buy the other three kits, but the stores near me sold out right away. So I’m giving away the gold under the auspices of the good folks at Kiss USA. The Kiss Gradation Polish kit in gold is perfect to wear now, to wear during the holidays, or to give as a small holiday gift or stock-stuffer.
Kiss Gradation Polish kits include 6 ml total and are sold at CVS, Walmart, Amazon and other retailers. The price ranges from $6.97 to over $8, depending on where you shop. If you win the giveaway, you get it for free!
NOTE: This giveaway has ended. Congrats to Nicole L. who was the winner. Please check for other giveaways on this site. Thanks so much to all who entered!!
I still want to keep the entry process easy, so I’ll keep it the same as Never Say Die Beauty’s other two giveaways. To enter, just leave a comment on this blogpost telling me what you plan to do with the Kiss Gradation Polish kit or how you plan to use it.
So enter for a chance to win this cool nail polish kit from Kiss! Just tell me what you plan to do with the Kiss Gradation Gold Polish kit in the “Leave a Reply”/comment section at the end of this post. It’s easy, even if you haven’t commented before. Enter your name, your email (so I can reach you if you win and so I know you’re a person, not a robot), type in your comment, click Post Comment, and you’re done.
Here are the detailed Giveaway Rules and forms of entry:
No duplicate comments, ie please don’t copy what someone else wrote.
If you want to increase your chances of winning, you can earn a total of 5 entries by selecting from the following entry methods (but if you want to do only the required entry method — a comment — that’s fine!):
- REQUIRED: Leave a reply/comment in response to this post on how you plan to use the Kiss Gradation Polish kit.
- Subscribe to Never Say Die Beauty via the subscription form at the top right side on the home page (if you already subscribe, let me know in your comment and it will count as 1 entry)
- “Like” Never Say Die Beauty on Facebook (if you already “liked” the NSDB Facebook fanpage, let me know in your comment and it will count as 1 entry)
- Follow Never Say Die Beauty on Twitter: @nsdbeauty ((if you already follow NSDB on Twitter, let me know in your comment and it will count as 1 entry)
- Refer a friend who will enter the Giveaway by listing her first name and last initial, e.g. AllisonC, at the end of your comment. You will be credited for the entry if/when she comments on the blogpost.
- FIRST PERSON TO ENTER WITH AN APPROVED COMMENT GETS AN EXTRA ENTRY!
This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S., age 18 or older (I’m going back to US only till my blog starts to make a little cash through advertising since the shipping to Canada was surprisingly expensive for my last giveaway and this prize is heavier!) The contest is void where prohibited by law. The winner will be selected by a random drawing, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 48 hours to get back to me, if not a new winner will be selected.
The package will be delivered by the USPS, and Never Say Die Beauty is not responsible for loss or damage.
This sweepstakes runs from time of publication on Thursday, October 10, 2013 to Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 11:00pm EDT. Don’t forget to tell your friends! Good luck 🙂
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2013 Never Say Die Beauty