My ipsy bag was a little later than usual this month, which made me one of the last to get it. Grrrrr! It was so late that I mistakenly thought it was the September bag and I originally mislabeled the post and the photo below! But it eventually came, and with it was the bonus product that I qualified for, so I am a happy camper.
Let’s talk about the Beauty Schooled bag itself first. A cute, roll-shaped polka dot plastic makeup bag. I love polka dots and I like orange dots on white. Hopefully, the strong chemical plastic smell will fade over time. There’s lots of room in the bag this month because everything is small.
So what did I get? Here are the contents:
- new Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: deluxe sample. I really wanted to try this out, yay!
- Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer from Dr. Brandt for oily/combination skin: deluxe sample. Why did they send this to me since on my questionnaire I wrote that I have dry/very dry skin?
- Absolute New York You’re The Balm Lip Balm in grape flavor by Nicka: at 12g/.42 oz, It’s a full-size container, but when you buy it, you get an additional balm in green apple flavor.
- Coastal Scents Forever Blush, 2 pretty shades peach and bright pink: deluxe sample.
- Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in black: deluxe sample that is very silky and easy to apply. Others have complained that it didn’t stay on their waterline or oily eyelids, but it’s fine for me.
I will use everything in this bag except for the Dr. Brandt Pore Refiner. I’ll save that to include in my next makeup/skincare goody bag giveaway. So, all in all, I’m satisfied. I like the grape-flavored lip balm, though my City Lips Lip Plumper is taking care of my dry lips problem. Although I have a million black eyeliners, the Lord & Berry kajal liner goes on like silk, truly! I like it, it stays on my eyes,and it’s great to throw into my makeup bag in my purse. Same thing goes with the Coastal Scents blush, handy.
I used the UD Perversion mascara last night and again today. UD was right: it is very black. It reminds me of Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara or Rimmel Retro Glam but with a normal shaped wand also with lots of bristles. I like Urban Decay Perversion mascara, but I’m glad I didn’t have to buy a full-size tube to find out that it’s so similar to mascaras I already own. Yay, ipsy!
Finally, my bonus was a full-size tube of Liptini lipstick in Plum Wine.
From the look of the bullet, I thought it was going to be a very dark plum, but instead it is a medium shade, more of a plum rose.
It’s very creamy and moisturizing, easy to apply, and feels great on. I haven’t tested it for longevity yet, but I imagine it will stay on for a few hours but will not last through a meal. I really like it, and will wear it a lot this fall. I like the Nailtini nail polishes and the Eyetini cream eye shadow that I received in previous ipsy bags. I think they are good quality. Definitely a brand worth looking into!
My assessment of my September ipsy bag was that it was a good one. Sure, I would like more than just a lip balm in a full-size. It does seem that lately we’re getting mostly deluxe size samples. But it still is $10 delivered including a makeup bag, so I don’t know whether it makes sense to grumble. Plus, I have so much makeup, I almost never use it up so deluxe samples are less wasteful for me. I still think it’s is a good deal. Here’s my September ipsy look (As you can see, the pink Coastal Scents blush is a little bright and I need to wash my hair. Hey, no one’s perfect!).
If you want to take the plunge and subscribe to ipsy, I’d really appreciate it if you would use my referral code here.
If you’re a subscriber, what did you get and what did you think about it? Anybody, thoughts on UD Perversion mascara?
Two more things on a different note:
- Don’t forget to enter the Ritual Beauty Daily Perfecting Treatment Serum giveaway. Here’s the link. This is my favorite serum/moisturizer-in-one. It’s lightweight and comes in an attractive pump bottle. Two winners this time, so you’ll have a good chance at winning 🙂
- Also, on my review of City Lips this past Wednesday, there’s a discount code for 40% off anything on the City Cosmetics website plus there’s a buy one, get one deal on the Clear City Lips plus the two deals can be used together. Check it out if you want nicely plumped lips and the best lip balm/hydrator EVAH!
Copyright 2014 Never Say Die Beauty