About three times a year, Barney’s New York has a cosmetics, fragrance and grooming event where if you spend $200+, you will receive either a woman’s or a man’s goody bag filled with cosmetics, fragrance and grooming products. I just got mine today, and I was blown away by it! They extended the event so I wanted to show you what I got in case you’re thinking about making a purchase. I don’t know the exact value of my bag, but I would estimate that it’s almost $200! I’ll be set for a year reviewing all the products I got 😆
First, what did I buy to qualify for the bag? Last month, I wrote about Frederic Malle’s Lipstick Rose perfume.
As I mentioned in the review, I’m not usually a floral scent favorer, but the violet leaves mixed with rose and musk won me over. I used up the sample that I had received, and I NEEDED this scent! When I heard about the Barney’s event, I figured this was a good time to make the purchase.
The 50 ml size of Lipstick Rose is priced at $180 (not cheap, I know), so it got me most of the way there. I went through all the makeup on barneys.com, and I decided to try Aloha from Lipstick Queen ($22) because I had never tried that brand of lipstick before, and the shade looked great. Those two items put me over $200.
Aloha from Lipstick Queen Endless Summer Moisturizing Lipstick was a great choice.
The box that the lipstick came in alone was worth it for me – it’s in my favorite color combo – hot pink and orange – just like my new hot pink and orange bucket bag from Dooney & Burke, reviewed in July!
The lipstick has semi-sheer coverage, and that coupled with the lightweight, moisturizing formula seems exactly right for this time of year.
Aloha is almost a true red with perhaps a bit of blue undertone. The semi-sheer coverage with the red shade makes this a perfect everyday red when a full-coverage red lipstick would be too much.
I really like this because I don’t have anything else like it in my stash.
The light grey felt dop kit with the word “beauty” in hot pink took up most of the box it arrived in, and it’s jam-packed with beauty goodies.
It came with a couple of full size items:
- Lipstick Queen Vesuvius Liquid Lips: a liquid lipstick with a brush tip (I’ll review this at a later date)
- Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom Foaming Shower Gel.
Most of the rest of the items are generous sized deluxe samples:
- Kevyn Aucoin Flesh Tone Lip Pencil
- T by Terry Mascara Terrybly Mascara Serum, Growth Booster Mascara
- Givenchy Noire Couture Volume Mascara Volume Extreme
- NARS Powder Blush: Orgasm
- Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick: Icon
- Chantecaille Mini Luminous Gloss: Fig
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer Raspberry Beret
- Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
- Moroccan Oil Body Souffle
- Bionova Bioactive Cleanser for Normal/Dry Skin
- YSL Or Rouge Creme Regard Eye Cream
- Moulton Brown Ylang Ylang Body Wash
- Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
- La Mer Lifting and Firming Mask
- The Organic Pharmacy Enzyme Peel Mask Vitamin C & Papaya
- Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum
- Mila Moursi Paris Firming Cream
- Eve Lom Age Defying Smoothing Treatment
- Sisley Express Flower Gel Hydrating Toning and Firming Mask
- 3Lab WW Cream Anti-wrinkle and Brightening Complex
- 111 Skin Space Defence Bright Eye Lift Gel
- Etro: Jacquard, Paisley and Rajasthan eau de parfums
- Atkinson’s London Jasmine in Tangerine eau de parfum
- Byredo: Rose of No Man’s Land eau de parfum
- Raw Spirit: Citadelle eau de parfum
- Kai by Gaye Straza eau de parfum
Can you believe I got all this stuff? I’m in shock! I’m really excited to get the mini NARS Orgasm Blush since I’m probably the only woman on earth who hasn’t tried it. I also love the gorgeous deep, deep red lipstick from Hourglass and the Raspberry Beret nail polish from Deborah Lippmann. Plus about a million other things. Heck, I love ’em all!
So I cannot recommend this gift with purchase more highly! If you are in a position to be able to spend $200 on cosmetics and/or fragrance at Barneys, act fast and get your own goody bag. I don’t regret this purchase for a second! 😛Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty