I review a lot of makeup, skincare and body products. I certainly do enjoy trying out new things. But what do I actually buy for myself?
Here are my most recent purchases.
Even though I get lots of products to try out for review, there are some cosmetics that I must have or want to try out myself. These are the products I purchased recently to replace a few products I finished up. I try to buy as much as I can on sale so I lucked out with a 20% off code at Sephora and 20% off on Dermstore.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream SPF 50+, Fair: I’ve been using IT Cosmetics CC Cream for almost 3 years. It’s my go-to for everyday because it provides good coverage, has a high SPF, and it’s so darn easy to use. IMO, it’s best for those with dry skin because it’s a fairly heavy product. I go back and forth between Fair and Light and often mix the two shades. But now that my slight tan is fading, I think Fair will do it. Last time I purchased, I tried the Illuminating version, but I thought it made my skin look greasy so I’m back to the regular formula. $38
- PCA Skin Ideal Complex Revitalizing Eye Gel: I’m almost finished with my second tube of PCA Skin Ideal Complex Revitalizing Eye Gel, and I wanted to make sure that I had another tube of my HG eye gel waiting in the wings. This gel is the best I’ve found so far in firming, even if temporarily, the loose skin above my crease. It’s expensive, so I try to buy it on sale. Dermstore has 20% off sales from time to time, so that’s when I make my purchase. $84
- Dr. Lipp Miracle Lip Balm: I’ve mentioned this amazing lip balm a number of times. I am coming to the end of my second tube though I think it’ll last me another month. Since I buy this through Birchbox and my subscription is coming to an end next month, I thought I better use my Birchbox points toward the purchase of Dr. Lipp before I lose them. If you have very dry lips like I do, I heartily recommend Dr. Lipp Miracle Lip Balm. $16
- Avene Hydrance Hydrating Serum: I can tell that the seasons are changing because when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks much drier than it did when I went to sleep. And I have a humidifier. Time for my hydrating serums and moisturizers. I recently received a deluxe sample of Avene Hydrance Hydrating Serum in one of my subscription bags or boxes and I liked the way it made my skin feel, so I thought it was worth it to buy a full size when I finished the sample. I found a site online, The Beauty Place, that was having a 20% off sale plus free shipping, so I purchased it there. $38
- LaVanila The Healthy Deodorant, Vanilla Scent: I just finished up my first travel size stick of LaVanila The Healthy Deodorant. I was skeptical, but for all but the hottest or most stressful days, this better-for-you deodorant worked well for me. I think you perspire less as you get older so I don’t need as strong an antiperspirant as I did when I was a teen. I like this, though I wish they had a clear stick instead of the white. This time I purchased a full size though the travel size lasted me 6 months. I wish I had remembered that I bought the travel size because I probably would have bought that smaller size instead. Full size, $14
- Besame Mini Lipstick Set: Back in February, I was lucky to receive a set of mini fragrances and a full size lipstick from Besame to try out. I love them both! So when I got an email from Besame about their mini lipstick set being sold out on their website but still available on Sephora, I decided to splurge during a 20% off coupon event. It’s a really cute set that comes with tiny (and I mean tiny) lipsticks in 5 different shades. I’ll do a separate post with swatches because the shades are great, and they are all available as full sizes. $25
So this is what I spent my own money on. In spite of getting a ton of skincare products, there are certain things that I can’t live without. How about you? What have you bought lately?
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty