March was another good month for me in terms of using up empties. I got to recycle a bunch of empty full size bottles!
Let’s take a look and see what’s worth buying. We’ll start with skincare, my biggest category every month.
- Bioderma Hydrabio Micellar Water: While I love the gentleness and hydration that I get from Bioderma Hydrabio, lately it hasn’t been doing as good a job removing my foundation and eye makeup as it seemed to in the past. Is it me, or is this bottle (my second of Hydrabio) not as good as the first? It seems like I have to use more cotton pads than previously. Repurchase? I already purchased another bottle that’s waiting in the wings. But before I open a new one, I will finish up the MyChelle Micellar Water and the Garnier Micellar Water that are already open.
- GloTherapeutics Cyto-Luxe Toning Mist: I like using a toner with extra skincare benefits like Cyto-Luxe Toning Mist. It smells great, a light fresh scent, and is gentle to use. Repurchase? Not now because I am testing another brand. But I do recommend it!
- L’Oreal Revitalift Volume Filler: I received L’Oreal Revitalift Volume Filler from Influenster a while ago. It is a good translucent gel serum. However, loss of volume isn’t one of my skincare problems. Repurchase? No. I don’t need this.
- L’Oreal Revitalift Eye Cream: Before I became a blogger, I used this eye cream most often for about 15 years. It’s a thick, white cream that definitely helped me stave off loose skin under the brow and crow’s feet for as long as I could. It’s very gentle. I still like it! Repurchase? No. I have several eye creams to test. However, I strongly recommend it, especially for women around age 40 or so. It’s a good value and it works.
- MyChelle Perfect C PRO Serum 25%: Although my pump leaked a bit around the neck, I really enjoyed this new, more potent version of Michelle’s Perfect C PRO Serum. It’s an amber colored liquid with a pleasant scent that fades on application. I liked the pump dispenser. The only downside is that I went through it rather quickly. Repurchase? No, I’m testing another Vitamin C serum now.
- Market Basket Cotton Rounds: Because I couldn’t find my usual brand of cotton rounds at Costco, I bought the store brand at my supermarket. They were OK and affordable, but not as soft as my usual brand. Repurchase? No. I found my regular cotton rounds brand at Costco, and I stocked up again.
- Skinceuticals B5 Hydrating Mask: Now I know why I need to take notes when I use samples. I remember that I liked this Hydrating B5 Mask from Skinceuticals, but I don’t remember anything about it. How embarrassing. Repurchase? No. I have a ton of mask.
- Lily Farm Nourishing Rose Toner: This witch hazel-based toner was organic, and it left my skin feeling clean, soft and hydrated. Although it is billed as “Nourishing Rose”, it had only a faint rose scent. As I mentioned witch hazel was more prominent. It’s a nice toner. Repurchase? No, I prefer other toners.
- Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream: I really liked this rich, white eye cream from Belif. It was very hydrating and gentle to my sensitive eye skin. Repurchase? Not right now because I’m testing another brand. But it’s on my purchase list for the future.
Body and Haircare Products
- StriVectin Conditioner for Color-Treated Hair: A very good conditioner with a faint fresh scent works well to detangle my hair. I liked it. Repurchase? Although I liked this conditioner, I prefer StriVectin All Smooth (anti-frizz) Conditioner.
- Tarocco Nourishing Moisturizer: I first tried this moisturizer a year ago at a hotel we stayed at in Sedona AZ, and I liked it so much, I bought a full bottle. It has a fabulous citrus scent. It’s a lightweight body moisturizer that’s good for me for the summer but it isn’t hydrating enough for the colder weather. Repurchase? No. I’m drowning in body lotions and body butter.
- Nature Island Botanicals Handmade Bar Soap: I just adore Daphne’s handmade natural soaps made with organic ingredients. I’ve been using them for more than 10 years. Repurchase? I shop with her every July when she comes to town. I have 3 more bars waiting for me!
- Manuka Tropical Coconut Lime Hand Cream: This was the third tube of hand cream I had received from Pacific Resources International. I loved the emollient but lightweight formula. However, I preferred the unscented version. Repurchase? I will buy the unscented one as soon as I finish up two other tubes of hand cream that I am testing out. Manuka hand cream is a keeper!
Travel size and Sample size:
- The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter: OMG, the scent of this strawberry body butter was amazing. It truly smelled like real strawberries. And the formula was the usual fabulous body butter formula from TBS. Repurchase? If I didn’t have a huge tub and another regular size tub of other body butters from TBS with different scents, I would. I love the strawberry scent! It would also make a great gift for a fruit scent lover.
- Figs & Rouge Mango Mandarin Hand Cream: I received this in one of my subbie bags/boxes, and it was great to throw into my purse makeup bag. But it was too thin for me in general. Repurchase? No.
- Anna’s Orange Body Butter: I received this sample of Anna’s organic orange body butter along with a couple of other samples from the brand in a pretty embroidered pouch. Unfortunately the scent was HORRIBLE. It smelled nothing like orange. Repurchase? NO!
- Perfectly Posh Honey Honey Body Butter: Unfortunately there was so little of this in the little sample container that I could only put it on my arm. If you’re going to send me a sample for review, please send enough that I can form an opinion. Repurchase? No.
- Tarocco Face and Body Bar Soaps: I received these travel size Tarocco Face and Body bar soaps at a hotel in Sedona. I liked them both. The translucent soap has natural grains in it for gentle exfoliation. The scent of both of them is a lovely citrus. Repurchase? I believe I have a few more in my stash.
- Too Faced Lash Gasm Mascara: I know I’m a weirdo, but I prefer Too Faced Lash Gasm to Better Than Sex. I strongly prefer the thin, plastic toothed wand of Lash Gasm. BTS always makes my lashes clump. Repurchase? Yes. I’ve bought about 5 tubes so far of this mascara, one of my favorites.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Pencil, white: This is the second Stila Eye Liner Pencil that I’ve purchased that came with a broken tip and not much product inside or that I wasn’t able to get to twist up. Disappointing. Repurchase? I give up. No.
- Hourglass Ambient Primer Mood Light: I really liked this color correcting face primer. It’s a lavender shade and helped camouflage my dark spots. Repurchase? Yes. I think I’ll buy this primer instead of Hourglass Mineral Veil.
- Masqueology Collagen Hydrogel Goldmask (single use sheet mask): I loved this hydrogel collagen/gold mask. It came in two pieces and was easy to apply, and it stayed on without me having to lie down. It was loaded with mask essence. Repurchase? Yes! At $2.50, it’s a steal.
- Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Cream: I have a box of assorted samples from luxury Korean brand, Racinne. This medium weight face cream was terrific. Very hydrating, no or light scent. Repurchase? I have more in the box. Racinne is definitely a brand I would consider buying.
- Perfectly Posh Dive In Bar Soap: I adored this very very hydrating bar soap that smells like the ocean. Repurchase? Yes, I will after I use up some of the soaps I have. This is a fabulous bar soap for very dry skin like mine.
- Perfectly Posh Dawn On Me Daytime Facial Oil: I absolutely loved this fresh green color, lightweight lime fragranced face oil. I made this small packet sample last a week because I loved it so much. Fabulous! Repurchase? Yes! A must have!
- Perfectly Posh Envy This Tightening and Brightening Face Mask: I don’t usually use clay masks, but this kaolin mask had other hydrating ingredients in it that helped leave my skin feeling clean, not dry, firmer and glowing. I only got to use it once, but I liked it a lot. Repurchase? I have way too many masks. Otherwise, I would definitely consider buying it.
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty