Beauty empties and used up products from September!
This is the month that I finally broke down and decided to toss the shower sponge and poof that I’ve had hanging up for ages. I stopped using them months ago because they’re more than a year old. When I look back at the photo from when it was new, it’s amazing how much the purple Exfoliator has faded. Now I am happy to regain some real estate among the hooks in my shower!
- unbranded poof: To be honest, I almost never use a poof anymore. I either use shower gel or foam straight or with a wash cloth. At this point, I think of poofs as a home for germs that ends up just going into a landfill. Repurchase? No, although I think I have another one that came in the package in my cosmetics stash.
- ViaBuff Body Exfoliator: My ViaBuff Body Exfoliator is more than a year and a half old, and the website says they last a “minimum of 90 days”. I should have tossed this ages ago. I liked it more than a traditional poof though I think I should have gotten one that was a little more exfoliating than the purple one (they come in different “strengths”). Repurchase? Oops, I just went to the ViaBuff page and discovered that ViaBuffs are machine washable! I’m going to toss this in the laundry and see what happens before I toss it, lol!
More Bath & Body Products
- Treets Traditions Relaxing Chakra’s Foaming Shower Gel: I have said previously how much I love Treets Traditions Foaming Shower Gel because it foams up so easily and produces mounds of foam. Relaxing Chakra’s, a cherry blossom scent, is my favorite scent so far. I use this instead of shave gel – I love that it’s a multitasking product. It’s also a little less expensive than RITUALS Sakura Foaming Shower Gel because I can use Ulta coupons to buy it. Repurchase? Yes.
- Nature Island Botanicals Pasticceria Chocolate and Raspberry Bar Soap: I adore NIB bar soaps because they smell so good, look so pretty, and are so hydrating. This one smelled great when I first got it, just like chocolate and raspberry. Repurchase? I didn’t repurchase this exact variety, but I bought two others from Daphne from NIB at the Waterfront Festival this August. Right now, I’m using the yellow-green-lavender one that’s in the photo below along with the chocolate-raspberry.
- Swisspers Cotton Rounds: As usual, I’ve used up another sleeve of Swisspers Cotton Rounds. I still love these affordable, soft, not pilling cotton rounds that I buy in bulk at Costco. I noticed recently that other bloggers use organic cotton rounds, and I started wondering if I need to switch. But to be honest, I don’t think I will unless Costco starts carrying organic ones. Since I’m not using organic micellar water, what’s the point? Repurchase? I already have a stash of about 6 more sleeves.
- StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream: This is the fourth jar of StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream or Gel that I’ve finished up. It is truly one of my favorite skincare products. Repurchase? I buy it during sales and I have two more jars waiting in the wings.
- City Lips Advanced Formula HA Plumping Spheres, Clear: I don’t know if this makes my lips noticeably fuller, but I do know that City Lips does keep my dry lips soft and healed. Repurchase? I only buy City Lips when it’s on sale (which it is fairly often), so I already have some including a red one and a peach one on hand.
- Amaranthine Eye Lash Growth Serum: I didn’t know what category to put this in, so I put it in skincare. Maybe it’s haircare but I don’t have any other haircare empties this month so here it is. I was sent this eye lash growth serum at the end of the winter. I tried using it, but my problematic dry eyes prevented me from using it and reviewing it. It made my eyes burn, but truthfully, I think the problem is with my eyes not the lash serum. Just about every lash serum I’ve tried (except for straight castor oil) makes my eyes burn. I don’t see anything out of the ordinary or particularly strong in the ingredients (see below). So I don’t know if this works or not. I put it aside. I should have tried using it on my brows. When I rediscovered it the other day, I did try to use it on my brows but it had dried out (a little too soon in my book!) but I opened it about 6 months ago and maybe that’s what happens. Repurchase? No.
Ingredients:Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Water, Glycerin, Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract (and) Olea europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract (and) Aspalathus linearis (Rooibos) Leaf Extract (and) Camellia sinesis (White Tea) Leaf Extract (and) Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, myristoyl pentapeptide-17, myristoyl hexapeptide-16, Niacinamide, Butylene glycol, dextran, acetyl tetrapeptide-3, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) flower extract, Hydrolyzed keratin, D-panthenol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) flower extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) flower extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Illumination Color Correcting Illuminating Full Coverage Cream SPF 50+, shade Light: Honestly, I could hardly wait to finish up this tube of Illuminating CC cream. I disliked the illuminating properties: I thought it made my skin look greasy. I’ll stick with the regular IT CC Cream instead. Repurchase? Absolutely not. I have a tube of the regular in the shade Fair waiting for winter use.
- Mirabella Waterproof Lasting Lash Mascara: This is still one of my absolute favorite mascaras. I don’t usually seek out waterproof mascara, but I just like this wand (thin with plastic teeth) and formula. Repurchase? I already have.
- Milani Vivid Color Lip Intense, shade Fuchsia: I rediscovered a tube of Milani Vivid Color Lip Intense in a fuchsia shade the other day when I was looking for a bright fuchsia in my stash. This tube is probably 3 years old, and I probably should have tossed it a while ago. Unfortunately, it smells very chemically now, and I know it didn’t smell like that when it was fresh. Repurchase? I wish I could. I really liked this rich gloss formula, but I think Milani has discontinued it. 😥
So that’s it for this month. I’m pretty pleased to be able to recycle and get rid of a bunch of products that were taking up quite a bit of room in my bathroom and stash. Plus I’ve got a few near empties for next month. Yay!
How about you? What did you use up this month?
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty