Recently, I received Teadora Rainforest at Dawn Nourishing Lip Butter to try out. The packaging is very well done: modern, attractive, and it reinforces what the brand stands for.
Teadora celebrates the Brazilian rainforest by using natural, anti-oxidant rich ingredients from the rainforest in their bath and body products:
- acai: protects skin from environmental stress
- buriti (the Tree of Life): nourishes, repairs, protects and improves the elasticity of skin
- andiroba tree’s flowers and nuts: plumps and smoothes the skin to help make wrinkles less noticeable
- cupuacu: one of the world’s best natural moisturizers improve the appearances and elasticity of the skin
- pitanga: maintains the health and appearance of skin.
Teadora’s ingredients are fair-trade sourced and sustainably harvested. Their mission in creating these lovely natural products is to also help the rainforest and its communities survive.
The Teadora website describes their lip butter as follows:
- “With healing ingredients from the rainforests of Brazil, our dual-function lip treatment lightly exfoliates and naturally softens your lips – as their juicy flavors: Laranja (Citrusy) and Açaí-Açu (Berry-chocolate) delight your senses. Its orange-peel wax, allow you to activate it as a light exfoliant treatment before moisturizing.”
I received Laranja, and if you read my blog, you know I adore orange and citrus scents and flavors. The Teadora lip butter citrus scent smells sublime and the flavor is delicious! Coupled with the exfoliating sugar, I cannot stop licking my lips because it tastes so darn good!
The lip butter itself is on the stiff side, at least during the first several uses. I wish it came with a little scoop applicator so I wouldn’t have to put my finger in it, but many lip butters come in a pot like this.
It’s a lightweight butter, and in spite of the exfoliating sugar, it is smooth on my lips. Because my lips are dry as the desert, it is a good lip butter for me to use during the day or under a drying lipstick. It isn’t quite emollient enough for me at night, and I have a lip treatment that I use then. For 90% of people in the world, I believe that Teadora lip butter would be plenty hydrating. And in terms of the taste, scent and natural ingredients, Teadora Rainforest at Dawn can’t be beat!
Teadora Rainforest at Dawn is 0.5 oz. for $15. It is quite a large pot, and I use so little with each application that I know it will last me a long time. 100% vegan. Free of parabens, synthetic fragrance, silicone, gluten, phthalate, sulfates and other harsh chemicals which is great since I’m putting it on my lips and almost eating it! I’m assuming it must be cruelty-free. It’s sold on the Teadora website and on Amazon, and you can follow them on Facebook/TeadoraBeauty or on Twitter: @TeadoraBeauty. It would make a great hostess gift, teacher’s gift, stocking stuffer, and a great little treat for yourself. Teadora Beauty also makes body butter, body scrubs, soap, shampoo and conditioner in full and travel sizes that come in the Dawn/Laranja/citrus or Dusk/Acai-Acu/berry-chocolate scents and flavors. YUM!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Never Say Die Beauty