I just received my second Glossybox!
Last month, I got the gorgeous “Secret Garden” Glossybox illustrated by Antonio Soares. The October Glossybox came in their traditional box that features one of my favorite color combinations: blush pink and black.
Inside, the products were wrapped in blush pink tissue paper tied with a black grosgrain ribbon. Included was a product brochure describing each of the cosmetics. For October, I received 3 full size products and 2 deluxe samples.
Here’s what I got:
- Decleor Aromessence Neroli Hydrating Oil Serum, deluxe sample 0.017 oz. worth $24: I’m a big fan of Decleor so I was happy to get to try out this pricey serum (full size 0.50 oz. $73). The Neroli oil definitely smells like neroli, an herbalish scent that I like. Did you know that it takes 1000 pounds of orange blossom flowers to make one pound of neroli oil? I sure didn’t. I didn’t even know that neroli oil came from orange blossom flowers! The 100% natural oil is made up of hazelnut oil with neroli, sandalwood and petitgrain essential oils. It’s lightweight enough to use during the day or at night. Love it!
- Masque Bar by Look Beauty Brightening Sheet Mask, deluxe sample 1 mask worth $3.33: I haven’t tried this sheet mask yet and the brand is new to me, but I’m looking forward to using this Korean sheet mask. This mask is supposed to be left on for 20-30 minutes and it contains soothing and brightening ingredients. The full size ($10) contains 3 masks.
- Unani Il-Illuminating Milk Cleanser, full size 6.7 fl. oz. $18: The first thing I noticed is that this facial cleanser is from Spain! Jeff and I went to Spain 4 years ago, and it was a fabulous trip. I bought sea sponges to bring home but I didn’t think of buying cosmetics. Glad to get to try this. This milky cleanser looks perfect for the cooler weather. It has a very light and appealing floral scent.
- OGX Fight Fallout Niacin3 & Caffeine Root Stimulator Spray, full size 4 fl. oz. $8: My hair has been falling out lately. I attributed it to the change in season, but it has been disturbing. OGX is a very good haircare brand. The directions say to spray it onto the scalp, roots of the hair while hair is damp. Then it says to use it twice a day which I know I don’t do. I only wash my hair every 4 days so I’m not sure it’ll work with me not using it more frequently. Maybe I should give it away during my upcoming haircare giveaway. For someone who washes their hair everyday, it might be terrific. It’s an intriguing product, at any rate.
- Emite Lip & Cheek Tint, full size 0.2 fl. oz. $19: I like this kind of lip/cheek tint that’s like Benetint and gives a buildable flush of color. I also tried one from theBalm, and I like this one sooooo much better. It gives lips and cheeks a natural-looking flush. On my lips, it doesn’t do the ombre-thing that theBalm does and it doesn’t dry out my lips. Much better! Also, I like that this one comes in a slim tube with a wand applicator with a doe-foot. After applying, it’s meant to be blended out with fingers. I like it. I’ll be using this for sure.
Adding up the cost of the items in the box, this month’s Glossybox is worth $72.33. Good deal! I like that Glossybox gives more full size items including prestige brands and interesting indie brands. A friend who I met on my blog told me last week she was considering subscribing to either Glossybox or Birchbox. Though Glossybox is a few dollars more expensive than Birchbox, it is without a doubt a better choice IMHO. It’s a better value. Birchbox is almost always filled only with deluxe samples, and it leans heavily to skincare, haircare products and fragrance samples. Glossybox, on the other hand, leans toward full size products and provides a better mix of cosmetics with more makeup. Check out the different options for a Glossybox subscription here. There’s a monthly, 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months plan. The longer period you subscribe for the lower the price, but you can cancel at any time.
In this month’s product brochure, we got a sneak peek of next month’s Holiday Box. Although I didn’t see the products, the box itself is so pretty and festive. I can hardly wait!
If you decide to subscribe, I’d be grateful if you’d use my referral link here. xoxo
Would any of this month’s Glossybox products suit you?
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty