The December 2015 ipsy bag is called “For You With Love From ipsy”. The theme card gets across that this is a thank you from ipsy to their subscribers. Nice thought. What really would have been nice is if they threw in an example sample or product!
The red quilted plastic makeup bag is bright and festive for December. But it has a cheap look and feel about it. I’m usually a fan of the makeup bags, but this one isn’t the nicest.
In spite of my griping, I actually like the contents of my bag! Here’s what I got:
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Primer: deluxe sample 5g worth $10, full size 10 g $20. I liked all the Elizabeth Mott products I’ve tried through ipsy, so I’m looking forward to trying the eye shadow primer. During the last few years, I’ve stuck with Urban Decay and Milani eye primers so it’ll be fun to try something new.
- Pacifica Power of Love Natural Lipstick in Nudie Red, full size 0.07 oz $10. I was so psyched when I saw this in the box. The shade is perfect for me. But it has a not so pleasant chemically smell in spite of the fact that it’s natural and vegan. Also, it is difficult to apply because it’s dry. Although the shade is a hit, the formula is a miss.
- Befine Exfoliating Cleanser with Brown Sugar, Sweet Almond & Oats, deluxe sample 1.0 oz. worth $6.67, trial size tube 1.5 oz. $10. I’ve used this well made, natural brand before and I like it. Sounds like a nice exfoliating cleanser though I have a million, lol.
- Formula X Nail Color in Revved Up, a pale rose gold metallic mini worth $2.63, full size $10.50. This is the winner for me in this month’s ipsy bag. I adore the shade. Frankly, one coat would have been enough, but I put on a second to be safe. A perfect holiday season shade.
- Ricky’s NYC Classic 3D Blending Sponge, full size, $10. I haven’t tried out anything from Ricky’s NYC. I wish that store had been around when I lived in the city. Happy to try out their blending sponge and see how it stacks up against my favorite Beauty Blender! I’ll let you know.
Here’s a closer up photo of the Pacifica lipstick and Formula X nail polish so you can see the shades better. I’ll probably cover these two in separate posts in the future with swatches.
So how did the For You With Love From ipsy bag stack up? Well, I am happy to get to try out all 5 of the products even though the Pacifica lipstick formula fell short. The bag is worth almost $40 and I paid $10, so no complaints.
I’m still sticking with ipsy. And if you’d like to give it a go, I’d be grateful if you’d sign up via my referral link. Thank you <3
Pur Cameo Contour Giveaway Winner Announcement!!!
On a different subject, congratulations to the four winners of the Pur Cameo Contour Stick giveaway! Woo hoo! Here are the results:
DeAnna: Medium; Shipra: Tan; LaTanya: Dark; Stephanie M: Deep
I’ve sent emails to the winners and they have till Tuesday morning to get back to me with their addresses. If I don’t hear back, new winners will be chosen…but hopefully, I will get a quick reply from each of them.
Thank you all for participating! I really appreciate it. If you didn’t win this time, I’ve got more giveaways coming up shortly. So stay tuned 🙂Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty