The first ipsy bag of 2016 is themed “The Eyes Have It”, and it’s filled with goodies for eyes. And the makeup bag featuring 1950s faces with cat-eye sunglasses is the most adorable I’ve received yet in more than 2 years of subscribing. Don’t you just love it?
Four of the five items I received were eye products, yay! The fifth was a body cream from Mitchell and Peach, an English skincare company that makes its organic products from the flowers and herbs it grows on their farm. The cream has a pleasant, light herbal scent.
So here’s the lowdown on my goodies. If you’d like to watch my MeVee video stream that I recorded when my bag arrived, just click on the stream link. If you’re not familiar with the new iPhone app, MeVee, it’s pretty cool, a way to live stream videos to your friends or to the world plus watch other folks’ streams. I think it’s fun. But if you prefer, just read on…
- theBalm Mr. Write(Now) eyeliner pencil, shade Jac B. Bronze, a slightly metallic bronze: This was the prize product in the bag this month, and I was glad to get it. It’s a little stiffer than I’d like, but hopefully it’ll get easier to use over time. The shade is bronzy, though it can look brown. Not quite as metallic as I would like. Nevertheless, I’m glad to get to try this out. It’s the perfect shade for me. I could even use it on my brows! Full size, $17
- Hikari Cream Pigment, shade Mink, a beautiful shimmery (not glittery) rose gold. Applied over primer, it shows up very well. I haven’t tried it on my lids yet. Full size, 4g/0.14 oz, $13. It comes in about 5 other shades. Lovely.
- Peek Natural Stain Brow Powder, shade Espresso. This is a new brand to me. At first, I thought this was another eye shadow, and I swatched it over primer so the shade would show up! I had thought it was a little powdery, doh! Even though it is brown – a milk chocolate color – I may be able to use this on my brows. I love the cute little metal pan. 1.3 g, about $11. The powder usually comes with two shades, one of which looks like a highlighter that you can blend into the darker shade to lighten it. Wish we had a little of the lighter shade in this pan so I could blend them. Full size price is $22 delivered.
- Pur-Lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Serum. Truth be told, I wasn’t excited when I sawf the Pur-Lisse Eye Serum, not because there’s anything wrong with the products, but because I have so much skincare. But then I tried it! This is a fabulous eye serum, a light to medium weight gel cream that feels great on my eyes and doesn’t burn my sensitive skin. I love it, and I can’t believe how pricey it is! Deluxe sample 7 ml/0.24 oz., $32.50!! (full size is 15 ml for $65)
- Mitchell & Peach English Leaf Body Cream. A lovely, natural, lightweight cream with great ingredients. Travel size, 30 ml/1.01 oz., $8.50
Here are the swatches:
I really liked this month’s ipsy makeup bag as well as the products I received. As always, the value of the bag far exceeded the $10 I paid for it. The contents were worth a whopping $82 this month!! Woohoo! And I’ll use them all.
Plus that makeup bag is the cutest ever!
I have the feeling that ipsy may be getting better now that L’Oreal has spun them off, and they have so much more experience dealing with vendors and customers. I’m still in. If you’d like to join, I’d be grateful if you’d use my referral code. And right now, there’s no waiting for new subscribers. In addition to the ipsy bag for $10 a month, you can use your points to get free products. And one of the best features is getting a discount, usually 20-30% off, of all of a brand’s products. For example, you can get 20% off theBalm now. And I’m still kicking myself for missing out on the 40% off CoverFX last year, grrrrr 😛
If you already subscribe, what did you get in your ipsy bag?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty