You know, I’m not sure if the monthly Sephora Play! bag has a theme or not. Frankly, I don’t think it matters. The cosmetics in the bags seem pretty random to me.
But for July, Sephora Play adorned the muslin bag, that is now in its third month, with a pink ice cream treat with a bite out of it and a pink kiss near the bitten area of the ice cream pop. Cute.
I’m on the fence about Sephora Play. I know a lot of women really like it, but I find it very hit or miss in spite of the fact that the products are all high-end brands. In my new July bag, I got a couple of things that I can use but nothing I’m even remotely excited about. Last month, I got a mascara and a very pretty tiny Tarte lipliner, but this month the makeup items are more utilitarian.
Here’s what I received:
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser: I’ve heard great things about this cleanser so I was happy to get this to try. I used it this evening, and it was fragrance-free and very gentle. I like it. It’ll go into my travel bag.
- Benefit Dew The Hoola Soft Matte Liquid Bronzer for the Face: Unfortunately, I don’t wear bronzer so this goes into the giveaway pile.
- Ouai Haircare Wave Spray: I have thick, coarse, straightish hair that gets frizzy and doesn’t wave. This will be given away.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: I like this silicone-based primer. I’ve bought it or the anti-aging version several times. I got another sample of this recently in a Birchbox, I think. I’ll throw this in my travel bag.
- Nest Eau de Parfum spray, Citrine: Not my type of scent. It has notes of lotus flower, freesia, citrus, and precious woods. I wish they wouldn’t include a fragrance sample in every bag because I haven’t received one that I liked since I subscribed.
- Beautyblender Blotterazzi and Liquid BlenderCleanser: I don’t have oily skin so I don’t need a blotting sponge. I’m going to try it as a flat beauty blender probably to blend out blush or concealer. I like the solid BlenderCleanser because it’s long lasting, but of course, I’ll try the liquid version.
Everything I received was a deluxe sample size. I don’t feel like calculating the value of each of these samples, but I know they’re worth more than $10.
Although I’ll use about 3 of the 6 samples, I’m not thrilled about this bag. I don’t feel like Sephora Play makes much of an attempt to personalize the bags. I’m pretty sure I got the same items as my friend Miriam, and our cosmetics preferences are often quite different. Oh well. I’m going to see how I like my August bag, and if it’s another meh bag like this where I’m either giving away or not using half of the products, I’ll cancel.
Do you subscribe to Sephora Play? Did you get the same items that I did, or did you get something different? Did you like what you got? Please let me know. I’m still curious how this subbie works.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty