I’ve been in subscription box heaven these past few weeks. I know I’ve been writing about all the beauty boxes that have come my way lately. I’ve gotten a lot of good ones! Hope you don’t mind me rhapsodizing about them. Better than me complaining, right?
But now for something different. POPSUGAR Must Have Box September 2016. For a couple of years, I’ve been intrigued by POPSUGAR boxes, and I was lucky that POPSUGAR sent me one this month to try. I love how POPSUGAR calls their boxes “curated monthly surprises” – that’s exactly how I like to think of subscription boxes, as surprises!
The PopSugar Must Have subscription box is a lifestyle box. Each month the specially curated box contains the best in fashion, fitness, food, home decor as well as beauty. The idea of that kind of variety is sooooooo appealing to someone like me who has soooooooo many beauty products everywhere. I’m ready for something different!
First off, the POPSUGAR box is big! Having a really big box arrive on my doorstep is always a good thing. It’s easily identifiable with the POPSUGAR name and logo on the bright pink and white box.
On the inside, their tagline is “Happiness delivered”. Who could ask for anything more?
Inside there were 6 items. The attractive product brochure identifies the box and its theme. The September box is described as “glamorous, eye-catching, indulgent, bold, timeless, sartorial”! The brochure goes on to describe each of the items, including the suggested retail price and in most cases, a website so you can learn more about the product or buy additional items.
So what did I get in the September Must Have box? I was in the mood, so I made an unboxing video. But I was so nervous from not having made a video in ages that I forgot to introduce myself. But hey, you know who I am! If you like videos (mine are very simple), take a look.
If you prefer a quick read, here’s what I got in my September Must Have box:
- Jack & Lucy Bicoastal Wide Brim Hat: I can’t even say how excited I was to unbox this cute felt hat! I love hats, and Jeff likes me to wear hats too. And it’s black, so it’ll go well with my black pea coat or with my faux leopard print jacket that I wear when the temperature really dips. The hat is fun because it has a soft but bendable brim. I can wear it up or down or half up, half down. I know I’ll enjoy this hat. What a great surprise to get a hat in a subbie box!! $58
- NCLA MANI-ER Tool Kit: Boy, I could’ve used this adorable manicure set when we went to North Carolina a couple of weeks ago to Jeff’s daughter’s wedding! This cute “First Aid” kit has everything you need to do a complete mani or to do a quick repair on the go. I know I will get a lot of use out of it because I can pop this in my purse. I’m always breaking a nail especially when it gets colder out and my nails get more brittle. $16 shopncla.com
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask: POPSUGAR must have read my mind! I have an almost empty jar of Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! sitting on the edge of my bathtub. I was thinking just the other day that since I was almost finished with the jar, and I had had it for quite a while, I should toss it and buy a new one. And here it is! In a jar with a new look, too! I’m a big fan of Briogeo. In fact, their Green Tea Shampoo is one of my all-time faves. So happy to get this deep conditioner. $36 briogeohair.com
- FLINT Lint Roller: I really needed a lint roller. Years ago, I bought a cheesy plastic one, and I still have it, but I ran out of sticky paper for it. How nice to have a sleek, modern, platinum metal one instead! And just in time for sweater and wool weather when I really need it. It’s a small size so it’s easy to store in the car’s glove compartment or throw into a tote bag or suitcase. And it’s refillable too. $10 meetflint.com
- The Gluten-Free Bites: I loved getting an edible treat in my first POPSUGAR Must Have box. Even though I’m not gluten-free, I enjoy GF snacks. I ripped the bag open immediately and munched on a couple of the high-protein, yummy chocolate-coconut bites. Mmmm. $5 theglutenfreebar.com
- Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer, shade The Warning: Aha, there was a beauty product in my box! And it was a terrific one. Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer in my favorite color, red 😛 The container that the lacquer comes in is stunning. With its silver top, it almost looks like jewelry. Even the doe-foot applicator is special because the wand is clear. I’ve never seen a wand like that. Most importantly, the lacquer itself is a beautiful cherry red with subtle gold flecks that give it a glow. The lacquer can be worn on its own – it’s translucent but buildable to just about full coverage – or it can be worn over other lipstick. It’s very hydrating and so comfortable to wear. Love it! $22 smithandcult.com
I’m really enjoying my September POPSUGAR Must Have box. Jeff and I already finished the GF Bites.The mani kit has become a staple for me, not just for ER situations. I will love wearing my new Jack & Lucy black felt hat along with my red Smith & Cult lacquered lips. And I’ll be using the lint roller on a bunch of my wool sweaters and pants. Thank you, POPSUGAR! I can easily see this becoming my favorite subscription box <3
How to Get Your Own POPSUGAR Must Have Box
POPSUGAR Must Have boxes contain full-size items and are valued at over $100. The September Must Have box contained 6 full-size items valued at almost $150! The price of the box is $39.95. There are three subscription plans that include free shipping to choose from:
- monthly: $39.95 per box
- 3 months: $109.85, a savings of $10
- 6 months: $214.70, a savings of $25
To sweeten the deal even more, POPSUGAR is offering $5 off your first box with the code SHOP5 (and there’s no expiration date on this code!).
Also, I noticed that POPSUGAR has a mini Must Have box that contains different full-size fashion, beauty or home items for $18.95. An interesting alternative or fun gift idea!
Have you experienced POPSUGAR Must Have boxes yet? Are they a subscription you’d consider?
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty