A night of firsts! Last night, Jeff and I joined our friends, Fintan and William, in Allston near Boston for ramen at Totto Ramen. The first time I’ve ever had ramen that wasn’t 4 for $1 in the dried packages from the supermarket, I couldn’t believe how good this authentic ramen was! Super yum! After dinner, we walked down the street to Kung Fu Bubble Tea. Somehow I managed never to have tried bubble tea, the black gummy balls made from tapioca that get added to cold tea. Because I have trouble sleeping, I wanted decaf tea. William asked the girl behind the counter which drinks from their extensive menu were decaffeinated. He even asked her in Japanese, but she had no idea. Their clientele consisted of Asian students and young people who certainly weren’t looking for caffeine-free anything. I ended up ordering citron tea with bubbles, and it was either green or black tea but I managed to get to sleep anyway. The guys ordered milk tea or taro milk tea, both of which were much more delicious and like milk shakes than my clear citron tea. It was a fun night. I should have taken some pix, but I didn’t want to be that person who was chronicling our evening with an iPhone so I didn’t.
Here are this week’s beauty blogposts from Beauty Blog Coalition including Halloween makeup and manicure tutorials, organic skincare suggestions, a review of the gorgeous new Gucci shadow quads, and reviews of products you won’t want to miss including my review of multipurpose Gleam Radiant Dust in rose gold.
- Slashed Beauty: Miranda shares how to do an easy vampire makeup look for Halloween this year!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: The Love List and The Lust List from The Organic Pharmacy Skincare!
- TheFabZilla: Have you tried anything from Gucci Beauty yet? Check out Part 1 of my haul and see if Gucci Eye Magnetic Color Quad in Autumn Fire is for you!
- Painted Ladies: Sheila has fallen hard for the Cover FX foundation line – find out what makes these vitamin-packed products so great.
- beautyXposé: Fall and nail polish are two of Kristin’s favorite things. So let’s find out what her favorite Fall nail polishes are.
- Color Me So Crazy: Have you seen Kohl’s Exclusive Billion Dollar Brows Best Sellers Kit? Check it out!
- Never Say Die Beauty: Keep your summer tan or get ready for the holidays with Gleam Radiant Dust by Melanie Mills
- BeautyTidbits: Need a little inspiration for your spooky Halloween manicure? Check out some of the cutest and creepiest nail art looks to get you in the Halloween spirit!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend! xo AllisonClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Never Say Die Beauty