I spent all day Friday cooking and working in my gardens. I made pesto with some basil that I had on hand, then I made rye bread, and finally blueberry muffins since the supermarket had a sale on blueberries. For dinner, I made eggplant stackers using the pesto I made last night. Some day, I’ll do a post on eggplant stackers ‘coz they are the best, and a great solution for a meatless meal. And in between, I spent more than 3 hours weeding, edging and getting rid of grass in my gardens. I’m almost ready to put down mulch. Whew!
Now, I’m looking for recipes for chicken and morels. Ina Garten’s recipe uses Madeira, but I don’t have any. Probably I’ll find one with sherry. It’s a rich dish that calls for heavy cream and creme fraiche, not something I eat often, but then I don’t think I’ve had morels in about 20 years so I guess I can splurge.
I’m sure you’re just as busy as I am or even more so, but if you get a moment to your yourself, take a peak at this week’s beauty blogposts from Beauty Blogazons: skincare, setting powder, nail polish and two different takes on this month’s ipsy bag from me and from Mandy of Chameleon Stampede.
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Rituals Himalaya Scrub Sweet Almond Oil & Indian Rose is the perfect choice for Summer smooth skin!
- Beauty on the Bayou: CAMOUFLAGE UNDER EYE IMPERFECTIONS – ELF High Definition Undereye Setting Powder
- Color Me So Crazy: Paradise Sun Summer Collection from Zoya. The Good, the Bad and the GLITZY??
- My Bootiful Beauty: NuMe Deals
- Kizzy Online: Your beauty question ANSWERED: Find out what Kizzy’s favorite skincare brand is and why
- Chameleon Stampede: Mandy got her First Ipsy Bag this week and loved the full sized samples
- Never Say Die Beauty: Allison got another good ipsy bag this month with the most adorable makeup bag. Check it out!
Enjoy your Saturday! I’m off to the baseball game ➡Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty