Boy, am I experienced when it comes to skincare products! I think I’ve tried almost every skincare product in the world, lol. I may be exaggerating, but I certainly have tried a lot. And at this point, I know what I like and what works for my dry, mature, somewhat sensitive skin.
A few months ago, I received a moisturizer and toner from another skincare brand that was new to me: glo•therapeutics. The skincare duo is called Cyto-luxe, and it consists of Light Moisture and Toning Mist, and they arrived on my doorstep toward the end of the winter. I knew that this duo would become one of my favorites for warm weather.
Cyto-luxe has a complete anti-aging skincare line that’s based on plant stem cells and other actives.
Cyto-luxe Light Moisture
Cyto-luxe Light Moisture is an absolutely lovely moisturizer. I think it’s perfect for all but the coldest winter for dry skinned gals like me who likes a heavy moisturizer, or year-round if you have combination or oily skin. Here are some of the actives that Cyto-luxe lists in Light Moisture:
- “Nopal Cactus Stem Cell – Used to fight inflammation, treat wounds, protect cellular DNA and increase skin’s tolerance. The stem cell from this plant is rich in antioxidants, including Vitamin C, polyphenols and catechins. The free radical scavenging properties have been demonstrated by in vitro tests. Applied topically, it will hydrate, help even tone, smooth wrinkles and soothe the skin.
- Coconut Water – A lightweight, refreshing hydrator and potent skin revitalizer. Contains regenerating and balancing properties.
- BioRetinol (Revinage) – This rich, essential extract from a flowering plant in the Aster family simulates retinoid action, helping improve elasticity and tone while smoothing skin. Softens the look of fine lines and wrinkles while improving hydration. Skin appears younger-looking, more luminous and toned.
- Dermatein® HyA Mini – A smaller molecular version of Hyaluronic Acid which enables transdermal absorption. Provides a lightweight application, deep plumping and hydration to skin that is deficient in this important glycosaminoglycan. By combining with a version of Hyaluronic Acid that has a higher molecular size, both the epidermis and dermis receive hydrophilic moisture.”
What comes across to me from this list of important sounding ingredients is that they are mega-hydrators. What amazes me about Light Moisture is that it really is lightweight, feels like silk, but it truly does the job. My skin feels so soft, smooth, hydrated, and plumped when I use Cyto-luxe Light Moisture. Plus, did I mention that it smells absolutely wonderful? It has a light, slightly herbal scent that fades after less than a minute…but I love the scent so much, I wish it stuck around a little longer!
Cyto-luxe Light Moisture comes in a contemporary looking frosted plastic pump bottle that looks like glass. I’m glad it looks high-end like glass, but I’m glad I don’t have to worry about it breaking. The bottle holds 2 fl. oz./60 ml and is priced at $72. To be honest, I love Cyto-luxe Light Moisture because it reminds me of one of my all-time favorite but unaffordable moisturizers, Bellatore, that’s priced at $295. So happy to have found a more affordable alternative!
Ingredients: Aqua (Water/Eau), Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bidens Pilosa Extract, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sesamum Indicum Seed Extract, Tocopherol, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Opuntia Ficus Indica (Nopal Cactus) Leaf Cell Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Squalane, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tromethamine
Cyto-luxe Toning Mist
For most of my life, I skipped toners, but over the past two years, I have become a real cheerleader for toners. I use a toner every morning and night. First, toner gets rid of any dirt or makeup that cleanser may have missed. They help every skincare product, particularly my next step – serum – work better.
Cyto-luxe Toning Mist is a lovely and effective toner. It comes in a handy slim plastic spray bottle. And it smells divine. It smells fresh. It contains papyrus, coconut water and cucumber, and its scent seems to be an amalgamation of those ingredients.
Another key benefit of Cyto-luxe Toning Mist is that it contains ingredients to improve and hydrate skin. Again, I was impressed with the key ingredients – again lots of hydrators – in the toner:
- “Papyrus Leaf Stem Cell – Replenishes critical moisture to help maintain water content within the epidermis, restore skin’s protective barrier and prevent dehydration. Clinical studies show a 33% increase in water retention capabilities 30 minutes after application, helping reduce surface dehydration.
- Cucumber – Known for its anti-inflammatory effect, this ingredient is high in water, amino acid, protein, lipid and Vitamin C content. Cucumber relieves irritation, puffiness and dehydration. Contains Silica, which helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- Dermatein® HyA Mini – A smaller molecular version of Hyaluronic Acid which enables transdermal absorption. Provides a lightweight application, deep plumping and hydration to skin that is deficient in this important glycosaminoglycan. By combining with a version of Hyaluronic Acid that has a higher molecular size, both the epidermis and dermis receive hydrophilic moisture.
- Coconut Water – A lightweight, refreshing hydrator and potent skin revitalizer. Contains regenerating and balancing properties.”
Cyto-luxe Toning Mist contains 4 fl.oz./1.18 ml and is priced at $39.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water/Eau), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Cyperus Papyrus Leaf Cell Extract, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water (and) Glycerin (and) Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice, Menthyl Lactate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin, Tromethamine
Cyto-luxe skincare is made in the U.S. I believe it’s cruelty-free as is glo•minerals, its sister brand of mineral makeup. Cyto-luxe can be purchased on the gloprofessional website, dermstore.com, and lovelyskin.com.