After a warmer than usual winter, we’re having a colder than usual spring in Massachusetts. I was still wearing my parka till recently. But when we went to the southwest on vacation, I realized that spring had definitely sprung outside of my little world.
Spring and summer often mean switching to lighter scents. Perfect timing for InStyle ActivESSENCE Fragance Mist. They are just right for spring, summer, and they make great gifts for Mother’s Day! First, I love the color of the scents – they remind me of spring flowers. Just look at them!
There are 5 scents in the line and I received them all to try out:
- Enticing Moroccan Orchid & Amber: warm Amber with a hint of Sandalwood, exotic Asian Orchid and Vanilla create an exotic floriental blend
- Invigorating Tropical Coconut Coast: a beachy blend of Coconut Blossom & Exotic Tiger Lily, warmed with molten Amber and tangy lemon Verbena
- Citrus Splash: Lemon, Mint and Yellow Grapefruit are blended with Verbena, Cedarwood and White Jasmine provide a bright, citrusy, invigorating scent
- Relaxing Vanilla Lavender: A blend of Lavender, Water Lily and modern green notes topped with Asian Ylang Ylang give this a floral, soft scent. It’s not at all the usual lavender or vanilla but something completely new
- Renewal Exotic Cherry Blossom: Japanese Cherry Blossom, tangy Grapefruit, warm Sandalwood, Moro Blood Orange, and Spiced Apricot create a soft, almost powdery tropical scent.
I love all of the scents, but my personal favorite is Cherry Blossom. I am in love with this sweet, light, affordable scent. It’s smells just like more costly Ritual Spa Cherry Blossom Shower Gel, and I am enjoying using the two in tandem though I use ActivESSENCE Cherry Blossom anytime throughout the day.
The 5 scents were created for women, but I think that Citrus Splash is a perfect gender-neutral scent. I wouldn’t hesitate recommending it for men to use as well.
There are two unique factors of the InStyle ActivESSENCE fragrances:
- they are time-released fragrances that work for up to 12 hours via micro encapsulated scent capsules
- they have skin benefits: the micro-encapsulates are packed with skin loving antioxidant vitamins A, C and E as well as essential oils and moisturizers.
Although I’ve been wearing these scents continuously since I received them, they are perfect to wear to the beach because they’re lightweight, long lasting and good for skin. I know I’ll be wearing Cherry Blossom and Coconut Coast at Good Harbor Beach this summer!
ActiveESSENCE Fragrance Mists smell like fine fragrances though they are affordably priced at $7.99 for 8 fl. oz./236 ml so you can spray with abandon! You can buy 4 of the 5 scents at Walgreens, CVS, Target.com, Amazon, and Drugstore.com, though Citrus Splash is exclusive to Walgreens. The mists are made in the US and are paraben, sulfate and mineral oil-free.