I’m a small person, and for me, small is beautiful!
Stowaway Cosmetics had the brilliant idea of making their cosmetics in smaller sizes. Why is that a great idea you ask? Because it is so rare to use up makeup before it expires! In a recent study conducted by Stowaway and Poshly, it was shown that about 79% of women are using expired makeup! Ugh. 😥 Bacteria grows in makeup, especially in the makeup without preservatives that most of us prefer. I don’t know about you, but I am guilty as charged. I have waaaaay too much makeup in my stash that needs to be tossed. When I do my monthly “empties” post, my empties are almost always skincare products, seldom makeup.
Also, Stowaway Cosmetics are perfect for women like me who travel. Last week, I was traveling on business to Atlanta and San Antonio. While in Atlanta, I got to spend the night visiting a close friend and her family, and after to that I switched to hotels. So in a 4 day, 3 night trip, I stayed in 3 different places: my friend’s house, and two different hotels. I flew on 4 different planes. I schlepped around my heavy baggage. I had to go through the long TSA lines and place my 3.4 oz. or less liquids and gels in a quart size plastic bag to go through the scanner. A quart size bag doesn’t hold much! It’s such a pain!
When I got back from my trip, I found a package from Stowaway Cosmetics with the makeup that would have made my travels quite a bit easier! Oh well, next time. 😮
Look at these cuties! I love how perfect they look in their small outer boxes.
Each piece comes in sophisticated-looking grey rubberized packaging. They feel great in my hand.
I put them into one of my little makeup bags from ipsy, and they hardly take up any room at all!
I received almost all the pieces I would need for my trip or to use any day at home:
- radiant complexion bb cream, Fair, 25 ml/0.85 fl. oz.
- creaseless concealer, Fair, 4.5 g/0.15 oz.
- cheek and lip rouge, cantaloupe, 2.4 g/0.8 oz.
- effortless eyeliner, spice, 0.15 g/0.005 oz.
- extreme lash mascara, black, 5.4 ml/0.18 fl. oz.
- creme lipstick, champagne, 1.6 g/0.05 oz.
The quality is great on all six of the pieces I tried.
- The bb cream gave me pretty much full-coverage (full coverage for normal people without dark spots, lol). The Fair shade is a bit darker than most “Fair” shades that I’ve tried, and for someone with porcelain skin tone, it would be too dark. Jeff actually commented on my makeup and he almost never does. He said the shade matched my chest that’s still tanned so I guess that’s good! It has an almost matte finish that lasted me all day. Also, the bb cream is very comfortable probably because it has hyaluronic acid and glycerin in the formula! It comes in 4 shades.
- The concealer shade is also Fair, and it’s a good match for the bb cream. The concealer is FABULOUS because it’s definitely full coverage. It stays put and doesn’t crease or fade! The coverage was awesome! And it contains coconut oil that is naturally moisturizing and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. It can be used to cover dark spots, blemishes or dark under eye circles which is great because I don’t have to use two separate concealers like I often do. The creaseless concealer comes in 4 shades.
- I’m a big fan of cream blush, so I was particularly thrilled to get this cream cheek and lip rouge that I use as a blush. Plus, it was one of my favorite shade: a pinky deep coral. Love it! It comes in 3 shades.
- The eyeliner definitely is effortless, like the name says, to apply. It is a gorgeous shade of spicy brown: perfect for fall, perfect for me. Plus, as much as I like black, I need a change (though it comes in black, too)! It applies very easily, and it definitely stays put (though I haven’t worn it on my waterline). The swatch I applied to my arm wouldn’t come off with soap and water, but needed makeup remover to come off. I love that.
- The extreme lash mascara has a straight wand with brush bristles that’s easy to use. It applies easily, and doesn’t flake off or smudge. It provided both length and volume to my lashes. When you open the tube and remove the wand, there’s a small opening that removes the excess mascara so there’s no clumping. I liked it a lot. There’s a second type of mascara called defined mascara that I didn’t get to try.
- The lipstick is creamy and lightly hydrating but lightweight. The champagne color, though wonderful with the other color cosmetics I received from Stowaway, is a much lighter shade than I would typically choose for myself, about three shades lighter than my own lips. So I look like a visitor from the Sixties in it, but I kinda like the look after all 😆 It comes in 4 beautiful shades: champagne, peony, red, and fig.
Here are the swatches so you can see the shades.
I am a convert. Stowaway Cosmetics has won my heart. In fact, I couldn’t wait to try ’em out. So I put on the makeup after traveling all week and desperately needing to wash my hair – don’t judge 😳 🙄
The 6 products can be purchased as a kit for $75, or you can buy them all individually. Plus, they have some pretty interesting sets, too:
- the bb cream and concealer together for $35
- both types of mascara and both shades of eyeliner for $34
- a $60 set with bb cream, both eyeliners and both mascaras.
In addition, Stowaway has a subscription service that you can customize to ship after different periods of time (e.g. 3 months, 4 months or 6 months) based on your makeup usage and travel habits, and I think there may be a cost savings if you subscribe. Very cool.
Their tagline is “half the size, half the price”. Very cute, and it seems quite true.
They don’t do eye shadow which is fine because I do love to switch up palettes and single shades all the time.
All Stowaway Cosmetics are parabens, phthalates and gluten-free. It’s cruelty-free and EU compliant.
Go to the slide show and see the results of the consumer study shown in a quick, fun way. Definitely check out their product line on the website and try this makeup!