I have red hair, and I live in the Boston suburbs so some people think I’m Irish. They think my last name – Cohen – is Cohan. Though I’m not Irish, I join the crowd around here and play one on Saint Patrick’s Day. I break out my Celtic’s jacket whether they’re winning or not (this year they’re not), and I think of my dad who gave it to me for my birthday more than 20 years ago.
I love the color green. I painted my great room green, my dining room has green floral wallpaper, and I use green a lot in decorating. But in my makeup, green doesn’t get much love. Although redheads are always paired up with green, I feel a little uncomfortable with green. But when the ladies of The Beauty Collaborative decided to get together and do St. Patrick’s Day looks, I thought why not.
So, here’s my St. Patrick’s Face of the Day.
I just had my hair recolored, and it is definitely super bright in the daylight. Yikes. In order to tone down the green, I’m wearing my green and blue poncho. The blue has a tempering effect. Though I still look pretty darn colorful!
And here are the products I used for the look.
- Estee Lauder DayWear BB Cream, Light
- em Cosmetics Contour/Highlight Stick, Light
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder, Porcelain
- Stila Cream Blush in Pink Pointsettia from the Under the Mistletoe Palette
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: tightline – Black Velvet, lower lashline – Apathy
- Chella Highlighter Pencil, Ivory Lace, along the waterline and as concealer under eyes
- Benefit “The Rich Is Back” palette’s teal green shadow applied as eyeliner on the upper lid and as shadow in the V on the lid
- Lid: Maybelline Color Tattoo: Just Beige in the inner corner and Edgy Emerald in the center
- Shiseido Lash Curler
- L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara
- Jordana Easyliner Lipliner, Pink
- Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick, 01 Matte Bare
Are you gonna be wearin’ the green on Saint Paddy’s day? Do tell! Erin go bragh!
And don’t forget to check out how the other gals from The Beauty Blogger Collaborative plan to celebrate