May went by too fast! It’s time for empties again!
I finished up quite a few things this month. So let’s go through the mini-reviews and see what’s worth repurchasing for me.
- StriVectin Tightening Neck Cream: This is the second full size jar of StriVectin Neck Cream that I’ve finished up since last August, I believe. I adore this stuff. It definitely works for me. Repurchase: Absolutely! This pricey neck cream is worth it to me. I bought a new jar during a 20% off sale that Macy’s had not too long ago. A friend is going to send me a couple of jars that she has and I’m thrilled! I can’t be without this. $95 for 1.7 oz/50 ml.
- Human+Kind Hand+Elbow+Foot Cream: Renu from Cosmetopiadigest.com wrote about this multitasking skin cream on her blog not too long ago, and her review really impressed me. While I was standing in line at Sephora during the VIB sale, I noticed the travel size tube amongst the impulse items that sing to me while I’m waiting. Of course, I had to buy it. Smart move! I love this cream. It has a light fresh scent, is medium weight, thickish but not greasy, and it works! I love it! Repurchase: I was all set to buy some more, but I just received a package of 3 hand creams to try for review and so far I love them too. So I’ll repurchase Human+Kind some day. $5 for 1.7 fl.oz./50 ml.
- Pond’s Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes travel size: I bought this travel size while we were in Sedona on vacation when I ran out of Neutrogena towelettes that I had brought along. I really like the Pond’s towelettes better than Neutrogena. They are much softer and I love the woven fabric. Plus for me, they remove my makeup more easily and more completely. I need some more. Repurchase: Yes. I need some. I buy the travel size because a large size always dries out since I don’t use towelettes every day.
- Lancôme Renergie Lift Multi-Action Eye Cream: I was given this deluxe size eye cream. It was OK, but not great. I don’t really like eye cream in a pot as much as I do in a tube. Especially in a small pot, it’s hard to get out, it’s messy. But what I really didn’t like so much about this was the scent. I disliked the rather strong floral scent. Repurchase: No.
- Mila Moursi Firming Cream deluxe size: I liked this firming cream. It felt good on my skin, and it either was unscented or very lightly scented. The deluxe sample wasn’t enough for me to tell if it firmed my skin, but I liked the aesthetics. I got this sample in one of my Barney’s beauty bags. Repurchase: Would love to but it’s out of my price range. $170
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask sample packet: I received this sample in my most recent Sephora Play Box. It came with another mask as well as a “fixing” spray that is supposed to help the mask work better. I loved the mask. I LOVE the hard to describe, herbalish but sweet scent. I managed to get three night’s worth out of the packet. Repurchase: Right now, I have 3 other full size sleeping masks so I can’t justify buying this. But in the future, I would love to get some more of this sleeping mask! $25
- Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Serum: I received this sample packet along with two products I received for review from Racinne, a Korean brand. The two full size products, a neck cream and an eye cream, were both terrific. So was the Ultimate Youth Power Serum. A lightly scented medium weight serum sank into my skin and made it feel so hydrated and comfortable. Loved this stuff. Repurchase: I need to look into it. I’m not sure where to buy Racinne. They don’t sell it at HMart. I’d probably have to buy it online. Oops, it’s not that hard to find! Found it in a second on ShopStyle. $58-68
- SK-II Facial Treatment Mask: I received this single use sheet mask via Influenster. It was a huuuuuuge mask with lots of serum. I used the mask and although it was too big for my face, but I enjoyed it anyway. It made my skin feel very hydrated. There was so much serum left over that I got 3 nights use out of it. Repurchase: No. $17 each sheet mask
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara deluxe size: This mascara is one of my favorites. I must have gotten this deluxe sample with a purchase of something. I prefer the short plastic teeth type wand that this product has. No clumping, great lengthening. Repurchase: I have a full size waiting in the wings, and it’s a mascara I’ve purchased repeatedly. $10 travel size/$24 full size
- CVS Advanced Nail Polish Remover: This is an acetone-based polish remover with oils to strengthen and nourish nails. It has the sponge interior to help with polish removal. I like this type of remover a lot especially to remove glitter polishes. I find the sponge interior easier to use than Zoya Remover when I’m wearing glitter or a textured polish. Repurchase: I will. I picked up a nail polish remover when I was at Ocean State Job Lot but when I opened it I discovered it had the plastic interior with teeth instead of the sponge. I prefer this one. about $4
- Luster Premium White Moisturizing Cleanser: I finished up Step 1 of this teeth whitening duo. I really tried not to use too much each time I used it along with the Teeth Whitening Gel so that I’d finish them both at the same time, but I goofed. Still got a little whitener left! Repurchase: I will repurchase this duo after a few weeks off. It worked for me!
- Sensodyne ProNamel Multi-Action Toothpaste: I have sensitive teeth and I am also concerned about enamel loss so I always buy either ProNamel or one of the other Sensodyne toothpastes that seems to do the same thing. Repurchase: I think I bought a similar Sensodyne toothpaste.