I haven’t done a face of the day in ages. Instead of a review, I thought this might be a nice change of pace plus I’m using a few products that either I haven’t used in a long time or I’ve just purchased.
Today was sadly a gray day for May 1. The only thing that was a must do today for me was to go to Town Hall to pay my ginormous property tax bill. Ugh. So I certainly didn’t have to get all dolled up to do that.
Lately I’ve been layering on a number of skincare serums, and I haven’t always felt like I needed to put on a moisturizer too. So with that in mind, I decided to wear CC cream instead of foundation. Since CC cream has built-in moisturizer and sunscreen, I could save a couple of steps. In fact, step-saving quick makeup was what I had in mind. Also, I wanted colors that would make me feel a little more cheerful in spite of the gloom outside. So I went with pink and pinky purples.
Here’s what I used, both makeup and beauty tools:
- Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age CC Cream SPF 20, Light: I had been “saving” this tube for ages, and I decided it was time to break it out. You may not believe this but I like this CC cream from Lumene even more than IT Cosmetics CC Cream. Although it doesn’t have as high an SPF as IT, for most days SPF 20 is enough. The primary reason I prefer it is that Light is a perfect match for me, whereas I’m often between Fair and Light with IT and I have to mix the two. Plus IT skews a little yellow and I’m more pink.
- Beauty Junkees Blending Sponge: I love this blending sponge from Beauty Junkees. It’s soft and pliable. I love the long, thin angled side of the sponge. Plus an entire bag of sponges costs much less than one Beauty Blender.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Vitality Brightening Creme Blush, Je Ne Sais Quoi: I like the natural pink shade of this cream blush. But a word of warning to those of you who like highly pigmented, long-lasting blush: this isn’t it. The IT CC+ Creme Blush is translucent, verging on sheer. It does built up (the swatch is two layers) but it will never be super bright. Also, it fades by the end of the day. Nevertheless, I love the creamy feeling on my skin.
- Judith August Orange Masking Concealer Trio: This cream concealer is my favorite, no contest. It comes with three shades that can be mixed, and it is absolutely full coverage.
- Beau Gâchis Paris Concealer Brush: A nice affordable concealer brush
- Jesse’s Girl leopard print mirror: absolutely adorable.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness: I just bought this to camouflage the redness on my eyelids. Full review coming soon.
- MAC Paint Pot, Stormy Pink: I own about a dozen Maybelline Color Tattoos and a couple of cream shadows from Revlon. After trying a MAC Paint Pot at long last, there is no going back to either Maybelline or Revlon. MAC is more pigmented, more opaque, creamier, and after a year, it shows no sign of drying out.
- Japonesque Heated Lash Curler: I adore my Japonesque Heated Lash Curler. You cannot burn yourself with it because it doesn’t get that hot. I love how it curls my lashes and the curl stays in. The only downside is you need to change the AAA battery fairly often – so I bought a big package of batteries at Costco. Problem solved.
- Laura Geller Glamlash Volumizing Mascara: I received this travel size mascara in a fairly recent ipsy bag, I think. It’s supposed to be volumizing. It’s an OK mascara, not hugely volumizing or lengthening. Definitely good for everyday with no flaking or clumping.
- Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lip Color, shade 730: I reviewed this fabulously lightweight, highly pigmented lipstick in another shade a few weeks ago (here). I liked the formula so much, I bought another shade. – this time a pink raspberry. This feels unbelievably lightweight but also creamy on my dry lips. Yet it lasts a surprisingly long time (though it will come off on a glass.) Even if I eat something, some color remains on my lips. I love this lipstick!
This is a pretty basic look, so there’s nothing to explain in terms of application. I didn’t bother with eyeliner or with doing my brows. I used the mascara along my lower lashes to deposit a little color as if I used some black liner.
Easy peasy. Lots of quick creams. What shades did you wear today?