Last night was the monthly meeting of the book club I belong to. I usually make an effort to get a little dressed up. Although most of the women in the group don’t wear makeup, I look at it as an opportunity to do so. How nice to actually leave the house wearing makeup rather than wearing a full face of makeup to do chores around the house, lol.
I thought I’d share the look in order to talk about a few makeup products that I used that I’ve purchased or acquired over the past several months.
I got my hair recolored last week at Vidal Sassoon. Thankfully, Laurel my colorist used a new red rinse that suits me better over the permanent color. Last month, she used a crayon red rinse, and I thought it was a little too much. This one is bright but I like it, and as it fades, I think I’ll still like it.
Here’s the makeup I used. Some pieces are my tried and true, and others are new or newish.
Let’s go through what I used.
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Eye Primer: my tried and true eye primer. They’ve changed the packaging to include an applicator that I don’t need but I’m hoping they left the formula the same. I have a couple of months worth left in this older tube.
- butterLONDON Wink Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black: I used this pencil for tightlining my upper lashline. I like it. It’s very dark, soft, and it stays on quite well. It’s my second favorite after Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil that I’ve misplaced, boo hoo.
- Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner in Royal (purple): I bought a single one of these several months ago in an olive green shade and I loved it. I managed to pick up a box of 5 or 6 colors on sale at Nordstrom. I adore them. I should do a full review. I use them primarily along my lower lashline.
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Heather, shade 30: I’m a fan of cream shadow for my dry eyelids. I picked this one up at Barney’s during the spring gift bag event. This cream shadow is just creamy enough. It goes on opaque, stays put and is very long-lasting over primer (it does quite well without primer too). It works well as a shadow on its own or as a base. I love Heather, a purple-gray shade. I used it all over my eyelids. I figure one shade of eyeshadow is enough for book club!
- Beauty Junkees All Over Shader Brush: I really love all the Beauty Junkees brushes I’ve used. I have to review the eye brush set I received several weeks ago. This brush is perfect for applying powder or cream shadow all over the eyelid. So soft, so smooth, just perfect. And such an affordable brush set. Stay tuned for my full review.
- Shiseido Lash Curler: My tried-and-true lash curler. It does a great job curling my straight lashes without crimping them or pulling them out. I love it.
- L’Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Lacquer Liner in Dark Slate: I’ve been singing the praises of this easy to apply, long wearing eye liner that a number of bloggers and readers recommended to me a few months ago. I just love how creamy and smooth it is and how that makes it so easy to apply with my Sonia Kashuk bent neck brush that I forgot to photograph for this post. And I love that it stays on.
- IT Cosmetics Super Hero Mascara: I love this mascara. It makes my lashes sooooooo long and it doesn’t clump on me. Although the tip of the wand is a little odd, it doesn’t bother me.
- Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum: At the Sephora VIB coupon event this month, I met the Hourglass rep and he talked me into buying No. 28 Primer because it is more hydrating and better for mature skin than my usual Veil Mineral Primer. It gives me a smoother finish. So he was right, but I was glad he also gave me a deluxe sample of the Veil Mineral Primer that’s great for travel.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15: I love this foundation, and for some reason, I never did a full review on it. It is extremely lightweight, it’s just about full-coverage, and the shade, Sand, is just about a perfect color match for me. It wears very well, and I love it. Although I wish it had a higher SPF, I love it anyway.
- Beauty Junkees Flat Angled Kabuki Brush: My implements of choice for applying foundation are either a blending sponge or a flat angled kabuki brush. I am so impressed by this thick, soft, easy to use and to clean brush from Beauty Junkees. It makes foundation application a breeze. Again, stay tuned for a full review of this brush and its companions.
- Tarte Colored Clay Undereye CC/Color Corrector Concealer: I chose this color correcting under eye dark circle concealer several months ago as part of a post on concealers for Ulta. Boy, am I glad I got this! I love how this thick, peach colored cream concealer hides my dark circles. It’s just great!
- Amazing Cosmetics Perfection Stick in Fair: I cannot tell you how often I use this terrific concealer stick from Amazing Cosmetics. Though I also own their full coverage cream concealer in a tube, this little stick is so quick and easy to use that I use it to cover my dark spots that peak through my concealer just about everyday. Get one!
- Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream in Peony: I use this cream only as a blush. The shade Peony is great – it’s a browned peach that’s very natural looking. It stays on very well and it’s hydrating for my dry skin.
- Milani Color Statement Lipliner in Bordeaux, shade 12: Smooth, easy to apply, long lasting, affordable. I love all of Milani’s lipliner but this shade is gorgeous!
- butterLONDON Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in Ruby Murray: This shade is stunning! And it feels so good on my lips. Why don’t I wear it more often?
So my simple look took 16, actually 17, makeup products to put together, lol! But it took only about 10 minutes to do. And it made me feel good to look put together!
Have you used any of these?