I wasn’t too impressed with the first few Sephora Play! beauty boxes that I got earlier this year. In fact, I didn’t even post about it last month because I was so underwhelmed. But finally this month, I got one that I really like! First, I love that it came with a cute cotton drawstring bag. I can use that bag to carry all kinds of small things when I travel or even go to the beach.
On to the good stuff! Here’s what I got:
- Origins Maskimizer: deluxe samples of Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer and two Origins masks – Clear Improvements (charcoal pore minimizer and Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. So far I used the sleeping mask along with the mask primer and I love the mask.
- Korres Wild Rose Advanced Brightening Sleeping Mask: Although it’s strange to get two different sleeping masks in one bag, I love Korres and I will enjoy using this deluxe sample.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick: a mini-lipstick from a brand I love in Kimchi, a bright purpley-pink matte, a great summer shade. I’m hoping I can wear this matte without drying my lips.
- Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram, a lovely mauve.
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask: I have a jar of this mask, and it’s a good one. Glad to have a travel size.
- Atelier Cologne: Orange Sanguine (blood orange). I usually hate getting perfume samples, but I happen to like this scent, a bright, gender neutral scent.
Definitely worth $10 this month. I like that these are different brands than I typically get from ipsy and Birchbox, so I’m particularly pleased. Plus I really wanted to try the Bite Beauty matte lipstick formula. I love that brand, but I’m always concerned about buying mattes since my lips have such a hard time with them. At least I’m not paying to try it out! I know I’ll get a lot of use out of the neutral Tarteist Lip Crayon – a perfect shade.
Do you subscribe to Sephora Play!? Were you happy with it this month? What was your favorite item?