January has come and gone, but I still have a few best of 2017 (products I tried for the first time in 2017) in the hands, feet, nails, hair, and body categories to mention before we’re firmly entrenched in 2018. Let’s get to it.
Hands, Feet and Nails
- Mont Bleu Glass Nail Files: I know you’re sick of it already, but I still have to give Mont Bleu Glass Nails files a shoutout as my best beauty nail tool of 2017. I couldn’t love this glass nail file that is gentle on my nails and doesn’t wear out and has Swarovski crystals any more than I already do. If you don’t have one, get one or two or three. You won’t regret it.
- Hand creams: In 2017, a number of absolutely fantastic hand creams have come my way. I strongly recommend any of these: Aveda Hand Relief Moisturizing Cream and Parodi Daily Moisturizing Hand Cream (there’s an Intensive version too), both of which are almost fragrance-free and great for dry to very dry hands and for heavenly scented natural hand cream, I recommend Farmhouse Fresh Steeped Milk Lotion in two heavenly scents Honey-Chai or Buttermilk Lavender, FHF Fluffy Bunny Shea Butter Hand Cream or the FHF Organics Collection Island Elixir (pina colada scent) Shea Butter Hand Cream. Any of these hand creams will delight you and keep your hands amazingly soft.
- Bloom Mineral Beauty Shielding Foot Cream: I just wrote about this product recently. I put it on my feet every night with cotton socks on top, and it keeps my feet soft and helps prevent callouses from coming back.
- Zoya Naked Manicure: Launched in 2017, Zoya Naked Manicure consists of a number of nail treatment polishes to either nurse your nails back to health or keep them healthy. My favorite among the three that I received is the Lavender Perfector. This sheer lavender tinted polish makes my nails look super white. I adore it! The Pink Perfector is next on my list to try.
- Zoya Amor Topcoat: I bought Zoya Amor Topcoat before the holidays, and so far, I have only used it with Zoya polishes. I can say from using it for about 6 weeks, that it helps Zoya polishes last a few days longer than when I used another topcoat with my Zoya polishes. Worth a try! Sold on the Zoya website, at Ulta Beauty, and many other online retailers
- White Sands Orchid Bliss Revitalizing Shampoo and Conditioner: This sulfate-free duo from a renowned hair stylist is a surprise love for my thick, coarse, color-treated hair this year. I love the very lightly fresh-scented shampoo because it isn’t thick (it has a more water-like consistency that I prefer) and it leaves my hair with a slight squeak that I also prefer. The conditioner with the same very light fresh scent is rich, but not at all too rich – I think it would suit most hair types. Sold on the White Sands haircare website and on Amazon.
- HairRx Professional Shampoos and Conditioners: I received HairRx Professional Revitalizing Shampoo and Conditioner in the Coconut scent in the fall, and their customized product line is the coolest thing. You select which formula/hair benefits your hair needs, how much lather you like in the shampoo, and the scent from about 6 different scents or unscented, and they craft your shampoo and conditioner for you. I just love this concept. I think it would make a great gift as well. Sold on the HairRx website and on QVC.
Bath and Body
- Farmhouse Fresh Whoopie Deluxe Gift Set: I’ll be bringing this fantastic natural, cruelty-free bath and body gift set in Farmhouse Fresh’s gourmand scent “Whoopie” pie or cream back again in a Valentine’s Gift Picks post because it’s just that good. The 4 piece boxed gift set contains travel size and full size Whoopie shea butter for body, shea butter hand cream, body wash, and a travel candle all in the heavenly Whoopie scent. I still have some of the shea butter for body left, and I am still enjoying it months later. The body wash and hand cream are to die for. At $54 for four natural body products, you can’t beat this box. Sold on the Farmhouse Fresh website and at prestige hotels and spas.
- Treets Traditions Foaming Shower Gel: Natural and cruelty-free Treets Traditions Foaming Shower Gel (I have the scent, Relaxing Chakras – a Japanese cherry blossom scent) has replaced my former fave from RITUALS Spa. Unlike the foaming shower gel from RITUALS that has a spout that doesn’t work most of the time, I can depend on this can to give me a nice big cloud of shower foam every time I use it. And it smells fabulous. If cherry blossom isn’t your scent, it comes in about 3 or 4 other options including Nourishing Spirits, a lovely melon scent that I also tried. This bath and body line that’s sold at Ulta is fantastic and a great value for the money.
- Treets Traditions Body Oil: I also have Treets Traditions Relaxing Chakras Body Oil, and it’s my favorite body oil. It absorbs quickly, is beautifully hydrating without leaving a greasy film, and it smells fantastic. Like the Foaming Shower Gel, it comes in several different scents.
Many of these products have become all time favorites of mine. Which products did you discover in 2017 that are now must haves?