I almost feel guilty posting this empties post because I have sooooo many empties from last month, December. I thought I did well in November, but not nearly as well as December. Since there are so many, I’ll try to be brief.
Personal Care/Body Care
- Whish Shave Cream with Hair Inhibitor – Coconut: I really liked this shave cream except for two things: it’s pricey and the cream clogs the blade so I have to rinse it more often than inexpensive shave gel. But the hair inhibitor really worked and did slow regrowth of hair. Repurchase? Not now, but when I get some extra cash.
- Skintimate Shave Gel: I bought a package of 6 or 8 of these so be prepared to see it again 😉 I like the fact that it’s inexpensive and easy to use. Repurchase? Still have several left.
- Peter Lamas Spa Sensuals Intensive Repair Hand Cream: Lovely, lightly fragranced, non-greasy hand cream. It worked very well for me during the summer, fall and early winter season. Repurchase? I have two other hand cream tubes to finish, but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this again. Effective, rather affordable, vegan, made with great ingredients.
- DermOrganic Hand & Body Moisture Lotion: Fragrance-free, cruelty-free, great ingredients. I liked this thick lotion. It took a little while to rub it in, but it worked well. Repurchase? Although this is a very good lotion, I have others, usually with fragrance, that I prefer.
- 80 Acres Blood Orange Hand & Body Lotion: Fabulous orange scent, made with natural ingredients. I love the smell of this hand & body lotion. I have the 80 Acres Blood Orange body balm, and I love that too. I buy 80 Acres products when I’m in San Francisco at the Ferry Building. Repurchase? Next trip to SF.
- CVS Advanced Nail Polish Remover: This tub with the sponge interior has acetone. In spite of the fact that I love my Zoya nail polish remover, this acetone remover with sponge is easier to get glitter polish off. Repurchase? Yes. CVS seems to change up their polish remover, so I’ll buy whatever they have that has acetone and the sponge.
- Briogeo Green Tea Be Gentle. Be Kind Shampoo: I love this shampoo. It really cleans my hair well, is sulfate-free, smells nice but not strong, creates enough lather. Repurchase? I have two waiting in the wings.
- Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Hemp Rose Pure Castile Soap travel size: I love the rose scent of this all-purpose liquid soap, but the soap is too drying for me to use. Jeff dliultes his Almond liquid soap, but I never think about doing that plus it still seems too drying. So I use it to clean my makeup brushes. Repurchase? The rose is so hard to find! But I have a larger size Lavender waiting to be used.
- Moulton Brown Ylang Ylang Body Wash travel size: I got this deluxe sample in my fabulous bag of goodies from Barney’s. It was, I think, the first Moulton Brown body wash I remember using, though I may have used some in a hotel in the past. But the Ylang Ylang fragrance was so incredible! Years ago before the NYC subways were air conditioned, I used to bring a scented wooden fan that I bought in Chinatown with me on the train in the summer. I always wondered what the scent was. Now I know it was ylang ylang because the MB body wash smelled just like it or what I remember it smelled like. Repurchase? A full size at $30 would be a splurge for me, so I’m waiting till next time Barney’s has the goody bag and this will be on my list.
- Alba Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser: I bought this a long time ago because of the pineapple enzyme. The scent is delicious. But this doesn’t work for me as a facial cleanser because you can’t get it anywhere near your eyes which is difficult for a facial cleanser. It burns my eyes so badly. I finally gave up on it as a facial cleanser and used it as a body wash. Repurchase? Not on your life.
- Lift Lab Purify + Clarify Cleanser travel size: I received this a while back for review and I liked it so much I splurged and bought a huge, full size tube. It’s a gentle, but thorough cream cleanser. Repurchase? I’ve still got most of the full size tube. Although I really like it, I got distracted by other cleansers that I’ve been reviewing. I need to go back to it.
- Rimmel Just Let It Go Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: This used to be my favorite, but either mascaras got tougher to remove or they changed the formula. IMHO, it doesn’t remove my mascara as well as it used to. Repurchase? I still have one more bottle left though I’m using a different brand now.
- Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 15: I like this moisturizer a lot though it does have a bit of a whitish cast so it needs to be worked in well. Repurchase? I already have.
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream SPF 50+, Light: This CC cream is one of my favorites. Light is the shade that I use primarily in the summer and early fall when my skin is a little darker. Repurchase? I am using IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Fair now, and I bought the Celebration/Illuminating CC Cream in Light to try.
- Studio Gear CC Cream, Natural trial size: I was sent this light coverage CC cream for review ages ago. The coverage was a little too light for me, more like a tinted moisturizer than a CC cream and the shade wasn’t quite right. I haven’t finished it, but it’s old and it needs to go. Repurchase? No.
- YSL Or Rouge Eye Cream deluxe sample: Another of the treats from the Barney’s goody bag. This eye cream was divine. It had a lovely light scent. It definitely hydrated my dry eye area and it helped firm. Repurchase? Don’t think I can afford this one.
- Lancôme Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate deluxe sample: Someone gave me this sample to try. I liked it, but not enough to buy it. I wish it weren’t fragranced. Repurchase? No.
- Shiseido Lash Curler: I needed a new replacement pad for my Shiseido Lash Curler. I love my Shiseido Lash Curler: nice and wide, no pinching at all, no crimping lashes, no pulling lashes. Perfect for me. I hate to throw out or recycle this curler because there’s nothing wrong with it. Maybe I’ll eventually buy a new set of 2 pads on Amazon and use Jeff’s Amazon Prime so I don’t have to pay shipping! Repurchase? Yes, I did.
Not included in the photo, but used up:
- Beauty Blender: My Beauty Blender was used up, and I can’t complain. It lasted a long time and did its job. Repurchase? Already did. But I’m also using a blending sponge that’s a bit stiffer/denser from PUR that came with my Cameo Contour Stick and that has one straight side. I like a lot for applying foundation.
- Blender Cleanser Solid: There’s nothing left to show! It’s all gone. I think Blender Cleanser does a much better job cleaning my Beauty Blender or blending sponge than Dr. Bronner’s or baby shampoo. Repurchase? Already did.