Ulta Beauty is running a 20% off sale on non-prestige items now through September 3. I got the email a few days ago, and I knew I had some Ulta rewards points/cash waiting to be used. So today I drove over to take a look. Because prestige was excluded, it was a small haul.
Here’s what I bought:
- Joico K-Pak Color Therapy Luster Lock: I received this super-conditioner from Joico in early July to try out, and I really fell in love with it. It makes my hair feel so healthy. I’ve making my way through the tube I was sent, so I thought this was a good opportunity to buy another full size tube. $19.99
- Revlon Nail Buffer File: The file side of the one I had was used up, so again a good time to buy a new one. $3.95
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes, travel size: We’re going to Jeff’s daughter’s wedding next week so I needed a travel makeup remover. This brand always works. $1.95
- NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie: This was the product that started this haul. I saw NYX Butter Gloss Maple Blondie somewhere online this week, and the color looked perfect for me. Or so I thought. There was no tester at Ulta, so I bought it anyway. It’s a very light peachy-pink though it looks more pink in the photos. It’s similar to a million others I already own. It’s pretty, but it’s going back. I’ll get a red gloss instead. $4.99
- OPI Nail Lacquer: Ulta is having a buy 2, get 1 free among several nail polish brands. You can mix and match brands, but I stuck with OPI. I had seen a shade from the Washington DC Fall Collection that I liked on Kristina The Feminine Files blog recently. There was a browned-peach shade, Freedom of Peach, that looked different from everything I own, so that’s what I chose first. Then I picked up a fun, princessy pink, Princesses Rule, that looks like it’s for a 4 year old, but it’s for me. It looks easy to remove since it has more of a sheen than sparkles. And then I got a deep metallic burgundy red, Bogota Blackberry, that I may wear to Marah’s wedding if I decide to wear polish (I know it’ll chip just before the ceremony so I may go with bare nails.) $10.00-12.50
So that’s it. I didn’t go crazy. I bought staples except for the lip gloss and nail polish. I used up my Ulta dollars.
Have you used the 20% off Ulta coupon yet? If so, what did you get?