I am tough customer when it comes to teeth whitening. I have extremely sensitive teeth, a small mouth and a terrible gag reflex. Last summer, I tried to use a teeth whitening kit that required me to make a custom-fitted tray. Well, the tray wouldn’t fit in my tiny mouth. And the white strips sold at the drugstore just kill my sensitive teeth. I had pretty much given up on finding an at-home whitening system that I could use.
Enter Luster 2 Minute White Dental Whitening Treatment from a company based right here in Massachusetts. I received this kit to try out just after I had my teeth cleaned at the dentist. Truthfully, I didn’t expect too much since I thought after the dental cleaning, my teeth were about as clean/whitish as they could get. But I wanted to try out this kit anyway because it seemed easy to use and it was supposed to be fine even for sensitive teeth.
The Luster 2 Minute White kit comes with two pieces:
- Neutralizing Cleanser, a blue pre-rinse
- Correct Whitening Serum, an anti-microbial whitening dental peroxide liquiu-gel.
How To Use the Kit
- Brush and floss your teeth (OK, I didn’t floss every time).
- Rinse with the Neutralizing Cleanser by swishing it around your mouth and especially your front teeth for at least 10 seconds.
- Shake the Correct Whitening Serum for 3-5 seconds before using it.
- Remove the cap and squeeze a small amount of the clear liqui-gel onto the bristles that are on the end of the tube. The liqui-gel is thinner than I expected so I have to be careful that it doesn’t drip into the sink – I don’t want to waste it.
- Brush it on your “smile teeth”, i.e. the teeth you can see when you smile or talk, one at a time, applying enough to cover. It’s important not to get the whitening serum on your gums, lips or tongue, and it isn’t hard to avoid them.
- Next, let the whitening serum dry for about 10 seconds before closing your mouth or letting your lips or tongue touch your teeth. It may look a little funny, but it’s not hard to do.
- The Whitening Serum does its whitening thing during the 10 minutes after application.
- Repeat these steps up to 4 times a day if you like or as little as once a day. I used the Luster 2 Minute White kit twice a day.
Neither the Cleanser or the Whitening Serum have a bad taste, and I’m usually a baby when it comes to things like that. I had no problem using it. It’s easy-peasy.
Does it Work?
Luster 2 Minute White claims that it will lighten teeth by 6 shades in only 3 days if you use it 4 times a day or 6 shades after 12 uses. I use it twice a day.
I took a photo of my teeth before starting to use the kit.
Because I went on vacation shortly after receiving the kit, I used it for a couple of days and then interrupted my usage for almost 2 weeks. When I got back home, I started up again. I’ve been using it twice a day for about a week. Frankly, because my teeth had recently been cleaned by the dentist, I didn’t expect this kit to do much. Was I shocked, actually, when I took an “after” picture this morning! I took the photo in the same place, at the same time of day as I had taken my “before” photo. There is a clear difference between the two photos. My teeth are visibly whiter than when I started! I’m really satisfied with my results.
And the best thing for me is that my sensitive teeth have no problem at all using Luster 2 Minute White. Yay!
I’m about halfway through the bottle of Neutralizing Cleanser and I can’t tell how much is left in the tube, but I’m going to keep going and use them up. I’m curious to see if I can get them even whiter.
I was a doubting Thomas but I have seen the results with my own camera. If you want to lighten your teeth at home, Luster 2 Minute White is definitely worth trying. It was developed by dentists, and it’s enamel safe. Just so you know, it doesn’t change the color of dental work. Check out the Luster 2 Minute White website for more info.
It’s priced around $12.99 on the Luster website or it’s available through Amazon.
Have you tried an at-home teeth whitening kit?
Reviva Labs Vitamin C+ Serum Giveaway Winner
Congratulations to Constance P, the winner of the Reviva Labs Ultra-Potency Vitamin C+ Serum! I’ve emailed her and I’m waiting to hear back from her. Thank you to all who entered! The LATHER Lavender Soap Set giveaway ends tonight (Monday night) at midnight. Please enter if you haven’t. Also check to be sure your comment appears on the post if you enter. My Stop Spammers program has gotten a bit too aggressive lately, and I don’t want to have to disqualify a winner because their comment wasn’t posted. 🙂