January was a tough month, but nevertheless, I managed to use up some more beauty products. Good thing coz it’s getting really crowded around here!
I used up a good mix of different kinds of beauty products this month, and not just skincare. Here’s a look at what hits the recycling and whether it is worth repurchasing.
Bath & Body
- Good Earth Beauty Lavender Vanilla Body Scrub: I was sad to use up this one ounce sample size jar because the scent is absolutely divine. Plus it made my skin feel so hydrated and smooth. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to have the Lavender Vanilla scent in stock right now, so I’ll wait to see if they bring it back so I can buy more. Definitely worth buying.
- Nourish Organic Body Butter: I love the look of the packaging for this organic body balm, and I also love that the entire Nourish organic skincare brand is so affordable. The body butter is a blend of organic whipped shea butter, vitamin E, olive oil and other goodies. It is very, very rich and it’s perfect for winter dry skin. If you have super dry skin, this is definitely worth trying. I have unscented, but it also comes in heavenly Almond Vanilla. Repurchase? Right now I’m drowning in body butters, lotions and balms, so no. But I certainly recommend it and I would buy it again. Works well and can’t beat the price.
- C.O. Bigelow Lemon Body Cream: Oh what a dope I am! I forgot that Bath & Body Works had a sale on C.O. Bigelow in January. Boohoo. I loved this lightweight but highly moisturizing body lotion. Repurchase? Heck, I’m struggling here. I have so much body lotion, body butter, I’m going to have to move out, but I ADORE this lightweight body lotion. But I will make myself find it on sale.
- Tony Moly Peach Anti-aging Hand Cream: OMG, isn’t this the cutest hand cream packaging ever? I really liked this very very peachy smelling hand cream. But as usual, I wanted “to save it” so I didn’t use it that often after I got down to the final 1/8 of the cream. Now it has hardened and I can’t actually use it completely up. I won’t make that mistake again! Repurchase? Next time I’m at Ulta with a $3.50 off coupon, I will buy the banana version coz I’ve been dying to try that one next. If you haven’t bought anything from Korean brand Tony Moly, you should coz they’re so darn cute!
- Joico K-Pak Color Therapy Luster Lok Treatment: This heavy duty hair conditioner was the bomb. It made my often dry hair feel and look like silk. Repurchase? Got one waiting in the wings!
- Beauty Junkees Blending Sponge: Oh boo, my poor Beauty Junkees double flat top blending sponge has a big rip in it! That’s what I get for using it at least 4 days out of 7 for the past 8 months. I guess I can’t complain, it has served me well. Repurchase? This sponge was part of a fabulous bag full of different shaped blending sponges (reviewed here) so I have several others to try. My other favorite has a slant flat side so I’m good to go. If you haven’t tried Beauty Junkees blending sponges, you must. They are soooooooo affordable and so darn good! Check my earlier post for a discount code for Beauty Junkees, good till 2/15/17
- Milani Power Lip, shade Macaron: I was soooooo disappointed, angry even, that Milani has discontinued the Power Lip line of opaque lip glosses. I loved the built in brush and the stunning pink color of this gloss. It made my lips feel and look great. Fortunately, I bought an extra so I have it. Now I just have to find it.
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara, travel size: Benefit They’re Real Mascara is one of my 5 favorite mascaras. I love the wand with all the spiky plastic tips that do such a great job separating my lashes. I would describe the formula as more lengthening than volumizing, however, which could be a deal breaker for some. But I love the way this makes my lashes look, and it’s so easy to apply. Repurchase? I have a full size waiting in the wings.
- Cosmedica Skincare High Active 79% Vitamin C Booster 7 Day Supply: I just finished up the second 7 day supply of new Cosmedica High Active 79% Vitamin C Booster. It is the highest percent vitamin C I’ve ever seen or heard of. Usually, you can’t get vitamin C in a higher percentage than 20ish% because it is unstable, but this is a vitamin C serum that you mix fresh every time you use it (and it takes 30 seconds to mix it). Repurchase? I’m onto my final 7 day supply now. This unique vitamin C serum is definitely something you should check out if you want to even out your skin tone and fade dark spots.
- belif Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream: I got this deluxe sample in a belif set that I bought before the holidays. I love the gel-cream consistency. Repurchase? No because I think I like the other belif eye cream sample that I got in my second set even better. But if you’re looking for a lightweight eye cream, this is one to consider.
So this is what I used up last month. How about you?