I haven’t done a favorites post in forever, or maybe I’ve never done one. But I have a number of beauty products that I discovered over the last few months that I’d like to highlight.
Nails are not usually a category of products that I’m overly involved in, but this summer my nails look pretty darn awesome.
- Mont Bleu Glass Nail Files and Foot Files: I can’t get over how much I adore my glass nail file from Mont Bleu. There is a huuuuuuuuge difference between the Mont Bleu file and the other brand I tried previously. I’m pretty much addicted to filing my nails with my crystal-encrusted Mont Bleu file. And the Mont Bleu foot file is terrific too. It removes a lot of dead skin and it’s easier to use than my beloved Amope electric foot file. (see bottom of post for links to great deals on Amazon; less than $10 for a set of 2 or 3 glass files)
- Zoya Naked Manicure Perfector, Lavender: Zoya Naked Mani Perfector in Lavender makes my nails look so bright and white that I haven’t taken it off all week! It makes my nails look super healthy. It’s a great alternative for when I’m not wearing a color polish. $10
- Julie G Nail Color summer collection, Faith (the one in the middle of the photo below): I received 6 new summer shades from Julie G that I need to swatch and review, but on day one of their arrival, I put the gorgeous raspberry cream, Faith, on my toes, and I’m in love. I think it’s a perfect, happy, summer shade. Also, I was in a hurry and skipped a base and topcoat, and the color hasn’t budged in two weeks. Great stuff! $3.99
- NARS Liquid Blush, Orgasm: It’s been years since I used a liquid blush, but I am smitten again, this time with NARS Liquid Blush. A little goes a very long way. It stays on forever. And Orgasm in liquid form is not glittery IMHO like the powder version. It has two ways to apply it: the pump dispenser hidden under the cap or a stick dropper if you unscrew the cap. Interesting. $30
- IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Anti-aging Collagen Veil Primer: Not sure whether to call this makeup or skincare, but I wear it as primer under foundation so makeup it will be. I love the velvety but light feeling on my skin of this primer with skin benefits. It does a good job helping my foundation stay out of fine lines and wrinkles. $48
- MAC Upward Lash Mascara: I received a travel size sample of this mascara when I purchased a couple of Paint Pots and a lipstick recently. I am blown away at how this has become my favorite mascara. I love the small wand with plastic teeth for separating my lashes and helping me elongate my outer lashes to help my downturned eyes look less downturned. Plus this curls my lashes without having to use a lash curler. No clumping, no flaking. Love it! $23 full size
- Jesse’s Girl Matte Finish Lip Color: Still the only liquid matte lipstick I can wear on my super-dry lips. I love this affordable, non-drying, long lasting lipstick. I own two shades: Angelic, neutral mauve, and Sultry, red, both are very pretty. If you have dry lips and think you can’t wear liquid matte lipstick, try this one. $3.99
- Jelly Pong Pong Super Intense Eyeshadow Duo, Supercharged: This summer I have been a minimalist when it comes to my makeup. I’m not doing anything really complicated. I rarely bother to take out a palette. I got this Jelly Pong Pong (Korean brand) eyeshadow duo with gold and copper shimmer shadows in a recent Ipsy bag, and it has been my go-to all summer when I go out at night. I’ve been using one shade all across my lid or combining the two for a simple look with a metallic sheen. If I have time, I add a random matte neutral shade in my crease and/or V. I love this easy burnished look. And the little mirror compact is so easy to carry and use. $23
- Georgette Klinger Collagen & Elastin Moisturizer: I was so sad when my beloved skincare brand, Georgette Klinger, disappeared more than 15 years ago. So happy that it has returned with what appears to be an entirely new lineup of cruelty-free, more natural skincare products. I’m testing out three, but the Collagen & Elastin Moisturizer immediately stood out to me. This is the perfect moisturizer for summer. Lightweight, soothing and nourishing, it comes in an easy to use and protective pump container. And the light scent that I can’t quite place is delightful (it fades immediately after application). Love this stuff! Welcome back, Georgette Klinger! $32
- Amalie Wink Lash and Brow Enhancing Oil: After I finished up my first tube of the effective, gentle and fabulous Amalie Wink Lash and Brow Enhancing Oil, I was asked to try out lash growth products from two other brands. Both turned out to be no-gos for my very sensitive eyes. I gave up on them both. I was dancing a jig when a new tube of Amalie Wink came my way a few weeks ago. Amalie Wink is perfect for my supremely sensitive eyes, and it definitely helps my lashes grow longer and fuller as well as stay soft and hydrated. I think this product is perfect! $40
- Aveda Tulasara Wedding Masque Eye Overnight: I had been loyal to PCASkin Eye Gel for more than a year, but Aveda Tulasara Eye Masque, a soothing and firming cream, has made me stray. It’s an excellent eye cream, IMO, for anyone with dry to very dry skin around the eye area. It helps me firm the skin above my crease as well as under my eyes. $55
- Aveda Hand Relief: This is the richest, most protective hand cream I’ve used in, well, forever. It is the perfect cold weather hand cream or hand cream for those of us with very dry skin. I’ve gotta put this away for winter and pull out one of my beloved lighter weight hand creams from Farmhouse Fresh, but I keep delaying. This is great stuff! $24
- LATHER Bulgarian Rose Phytonutrient Elixir: I thought I had found my favorite rose toner when I discovered Jurlique, but a friend pointed out that it has alcohol in it. While the alcohol doesn’t seem to bother my skin, it can be drying over time and I don’t need anything that’s drying. LATHER Bulgarian Rose mist smells heavenly, and it has no alcohol. It’s just lovely and gentle. Worth a try if you like rose toning mists! $22
Bath & Body
- Treets Traditions Foaming Shower Gel Relaxing Chakras: This is one fabulous, hydrating, super foaming shower gel. I love the cherry blossom scent of the Relaxing Chakras version (though it comes in, I think, 3 or 4 other scents). The shower foam is so prolific and so sturdy – I use it as shave foam too. For between $12-15, this stuff is a terrific “treet”! The Relaxing Chakras Body Oil is nice too – smells great and absorbs oh so well 🙂
I could probably add more, but these are the new-to-me beauty products I’ve been reaching for most over the summer. What are you loving right now?