October was a banner month for me in terms of using up a lot of cosmetics, including a number of full size products. Yay!
Let’s take a look and see which were the winners and which not so much.
- Murad Essential-C Cleanser: This wonderful gel facial cleanser is my favorite for the warm/hot months of the year. In addition to having vitamin C in the formula, it has some small biodegradable exfoliating balls that make it perfect for removing dirt, sweat etc. Repurchase? Yes. I will most likely buy it next spring. CVS carries Murad now and I have a 30% off coupon and $16 in Extrabucks so I was tempted, but I’ll wait till spring and hopefully another 30% off coupon.
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash: I picked this up on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond a couple of years ago, and I use it to wash my makeup brushes. It’s very gentle, cleans well and has a nice light scent. Repurchase? Yes, I already did.
- Nature Island Botanicals Vegan Cold Press Bar Soap, “Ocean” with ginger and bamboo oil: Just about every month I go through a half bar of one of the fabulous NIB Vegan Cold Press Soaps. Daphne’s bar soaps continue to be my favorites for their variety, gentleness, moisturizing properties. At $10 for a huge bar that I cut in half, I think they’re a good value. Repurchase? I have several other varieties waiting in the wings.
- SheaTerra Organics African Black Soap: I received a sample of African Black Soap by SheaTerra Organics (I think, because I long ago tossed the packaging) from Good Earth Beauty. I had always wanted to try black soap. But the soap itself is a little weird IMHO because it soaps up brown and makes unattractive brown lather, lol. Also, I think the soap is better suited for oily skin. Repurchase? No.
- Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream: This seemingly discontinued moisturizer was my favorite from the Regenerist line. I loved the pump jar as well as the medium weight peachy-beige cream. I used it for years. Repurchase? Hmmm, ShopStyle says it’s at Ulta so I guess they must still make it though I don’t see it in stores. Maybe I will pick up another bottle before it disappears altogether.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Boosted with True C Complex, travel size: I really like this facial serum. I like the gel-like weight of the serum, I like the light citrus scent. Repurchase? I need a vitamin C serum, and I was shocked when I discovered that Truth Serum has only 1.5% vitamin C in the formula. I like the serum but I thought because of the orange color that it was primarily a vitamin C serum. So no, I won’t repurchase this since I have other collagen products, but instead I’ll find a real C serum.
- Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15, travel size: I liked this travel size of Murad Essential-C Eye Cream with SPF 15 that I won in a giveaway along with the rest of the Essential-C product line. It’s good for summer when I’m outdoors a lot though I wish it had SPF 30. Repurchase? Not now, and I will probably stick with Supergoop Eye Cream with SPF 30.
- Aveda Tulasara Wedding Masque for Eyes: This eye cream was a surprise in terms of how much I loved it. It was so incredibly hydrating. Fragrance-free, gentle, it’s great stuff. Repurchase? It is priced at $55 so I have to find it on sale somewhere because I think it’ll be even more fantastic for winter.
- Lindi Skin Eye Hydrator: I have gone through about 5 jars of Lindi Eye Hydrator, a thick, viscous eye gel developed for cancer patients going through radiation and chemo treatment. It is very gentle and extremely soothing for my dry eyes. Trouble is it migrates into my eyes a bit, so I can’t wear it during the day because it gets into my contact lenses. Repurchase? No. I’m taking a break from it now.
- DHC CoQ10 Gel Cream, travel size: I have used this medium weight yellow gel cream moisturizer from DHC on and off for a number of years. Repurchase? Not now. It’s a really nice moisturizer, but for me, it’s nothing special.
- Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream, travel size: Nourish Organic makes terrific affordable skincare, and I love their packaging. I kept this travel size eye cream in my purse makeup bag and it was very handy. However, it’s a lightweight eye cream that I think is more appropriate for a younger person or for someone with oily skin. Repurchase? No.
- Paula’s Choice RESIST Vitamin C Spot Treatment: This is the third tube of Paula’s Choice Vitamin C Spot Treatment I’ve used up so obviously I liked it. It’s a rich white cream that you dab onto dark spots or smooth all over if you prefer. Repurchase? I know I’ll repurchase this in the future but I think I’ll get a vitamin C serum for a change.
- Vichy Mineral 89 Daily Fortifying Booster, sample: I have been reading a lot about this new product from Vichy, and I was pleased to receive 3 samples of it from Lovelyskin.com with an order I placed recently. Purchase? Yes, I bought a full size bottle at CVS, and I love it!
Hands Lips Hair Body Care
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sunscreen Coconut Clear Spray SPF 50: This was a fantastic high SPF clear sunscreen spray that smelled fabulous. Repurchase? Next summer I sure will!
- DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask, travel size: I received this hair mask in one of my subscription bags last month. When I saw it I groaned because I don’t get that excited about hair products in my subbie bags. But I ended up really liking it. I can’t remember what the scent was exactly, but I remember that I really liked it. Purchase? I need to get through some of my excess haircare products, but I will put this on the to buy list.
- Nourish Organic Body Butter: I love the packaging on this product and the whole brand, really. But I didn’t love this product. It is an extremely thick, almost waxy body butter. It reminds me of raw shea butter, and I’m not a fan. I didn’t finish it up because I didn’t like it enough. I’m finally tossing it. Repurchase? No.
- Acure Lip Lush: I got this natural/organic lip balm in a recent subbie bag, and I was excited when I saw it. But I hate it. I actually hate it: it smells like chemicals in spite of the fact that it’s made from organic and/or natural ingredients. I’m throwing it away. I am glad I didn’t buy it.
- Dionis Goat Milk Skincare Hand Cream: A wonderful natural unscented hand cream that I keep in my purse. Repurchase? I already have two tubes waiting in the wings that I bought at Ulta.
- Farmhouse Fresh Fluffy Bunny Shea Butter Hand Cream: I loved this FHF hand cream because the Fluffy Bunny scent – a mix of light lavender and something else – is fantastic IMO. I also like the old school metal tube. The hand cream itself is very nice: on the lightweight side that makes it perfect for spring/summer. Repurchase? Not now. I have two tubes of a different FHF hand cream, and thankfully one of them has a scent similar to Fluffy Bunny, though the formula is a little heavier which is good for now. But I’m glad to see via the ShopStyle link that this is available at Dermstore.com where they have frequent 20% off sales and free shipping!!
- Kiori Perfume Oil: I love this perfume oil, and I got compliments from strangers whenever I wore it. The scent has notes of patchouli, vanilla and warm spices, and it smells like hippy meets ballerina to me. The scent is very long lasting. Repurchase? I’d like to, but it looks like it’s no longer available because the mykiori.com website no longer exists. Boo hoo 🙁
- L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara: This is my favorite drugstore mascara. I love the weird shape of the wand that can be used at any angle. It’s a good all-purpose formula that’s both volumizing and lengthening. Repurchase? Right now, I have a ton of mascaras so I’ll wait, but I know I will buy it again in the future.
- Mirabella The Brow Pencil, Light: I don’t do my brows everyday so I think it’s funny that I actually used up a brow pencil! I have this pencil also in Auburn, but Auburn is on the dark side so Light is a better match for me. I like that it’s easy to use and has a spoolie. Repurchase? Yes, I bought another from Lovelyskin.com where they reliably have 20% off Mirabella and free shipping, a much better deal than buying on the Mirabella website. 😉