I’m still feeling good about ipsy. I got my July bag yesterday. The theme is Hot Summer Nights, appropriate for July.
The bag itself is cute, a metallic silver plastic makeup bag adorned with beach umbrellas.
I’m happy with 4 out of the 5 items that I received:
- theBalm Meet Matte Trimony Eyeshadow, an eyeshadow single in a red brown shade that’s a good one for me, deluxe sample
- Ofra Lip Liner pencil in Silk, “ballet slipper” pink – a very light pink/lavender shade that’s too light for most of the lipsticks I wear. Wish I got the other shade choice, Maya, a brick red that’s more my style. But I always wanted to try something from Ofra, so I’m glad to get it. I’ll play around with it and see how it looks with some of my pink lipsticks, full size $13
- Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash Mascara, a small compact wand that’s densely packed with bristles. I love MUFE so I’m eager to try it, deluxe sample
- Vasanti Professional Eyeshadow Brush: very soft, densely packed bristles. I’m always thrilled to get more brushes, full size $21
- Eva NYC Get Glossed Hair Serum: more hair serum, need I say more?, deluxe sample
The value of the bag definitely exceeded the $10 I spent on it. The two full size items alone are valued at $34. I’m satisfied!
Plus, a friend gave me a head’s up that ipsy had Hourglass Cosmetics products in the “store” that could be purchased with ipsy points.
I’ve been saving my points for just such an occasion. I scored one of the new Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Light Color Correcting Primers in Mood Light, a pink shade. I’m stoked to get it next month!
So that’s it. I’ve been more than satisfied with ipsy for most of the past year and a half. Conversely, I’ve been so underwhelmed with my last two Birchboxes that I haven’t even written about them. If you’d like to subscribe to ipsy (IMHO the clear winner of the two and I still like ipsy even better than Sephora Play), I’d be thrilled if you’d use my referral code. If you subscribe, what did you get in your ipsy bag?