Thanks again for sticking with me while I go through my website backend woes. I am hoping the consultant I found will be able to help me soon. I really appreciate those of you who can get onto my website to try to leave even a short comment. That seems to be another intermittent problem – some people can get through and comment, and others say their comments evaporate instead of posting. Grrrrrr. BTW, it seems that the most issues are in the morning (EST), and by noon or so, the site seems normal. I hope by next week these problems will be fixed. Fingers crossed.
In the meantime, I got my first Ipsy bag of 2018. Game Face is the theme. With the march to the Super Bowl going on, maybe everyone is putting on their game face?
The bag itself is not really my taste, but that’s OK since I have a million bags from Ipsy that I love. This mesh makeup bag looks kind of sporty. In fact, it reminds me of my mesh running shoes.
Here’s what was inside:
- FARAH double-ended tweezers (full size): I have never heard of this brand or seen anything like a double-ended pair of Z-tweezers. Made of very flexible surgical steel, it has the regular tweezer end and the sharp tiny tips for getting the smallest hairs (I think that’s what it’s for!). I managed to stab myself with the super sharp tip when I took it out of its protective packaging. I haven’t used it yet, but it looks promising. I like that it’s something different. $12, they come in different patterns and colors
- Lué by Jean Seo Balance Hydrating & Calming Serum (travel size): I don’t know about you but I could use some hydrating and calming serum and not just for my skin, lol! I haven’t used this clear serum yet, but if it seems promising I may save it to bring on my trip this spring to Amsterdam. I checked out the Evolue website (the parent brand), and I’m sort of surprised they didn’t send me something from the Antiaging line rather than the Acne Prone line, but the description says that this hydrating/calming serum is good for all skin types. travel size $7.50, full size $15
- Dermelect Microfacial Exfoliating Masque: Dermelect is a brand that makes nail products, upper lip hair remover and other face products. I believe I got something from the brand a while back. The mask has kaolin (clay) but also coconut oil. I’ll try it! $38 for the full size with 20% via Ipsy
- theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer highlighter (travel size): I have Cindy Lou-Manizer, the rose gold shade, in full size. Mary Lou is a champagne shade. Very pretty! Happy to have it.
- Absolute New York Eye Artiste Micronized Pigments Eye Shadow single, shade Posse (looks like a full size single): I dug into this pretty mauve meets milk chocolate shadow for the past two nights when I was going out to meetings. Posse is a lovely neutral shade with subtle shimmer. I used it in the crease and V, and I thought it looked great. Comes in 18 shades, and at $4 a single, it’s super affordable and 20% off on Ipsy ($3.20), cruelty-free
In this month’s bag, I was familiar with theBalm, Absolute New York and Dermelect, and I have received products from those three brands in past Ipsy bags. The other two brands are new to me. I like this month’s bag; it was decent. I love getting a very wearable eye shadow and a new highlighter. I can always use another pair of tweezers. The serum and masque are skincare products that I will try. I’d say it was a decent bag this month. If you subscribe, what did you get in your Ipsy bag this month?
GIVEAWAY WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
Congratulations to Mary W, a long time NSDB reader, who is the winner of the Jesse’s Girl Highlighting & Contour palette and the travel size Benefit Dew the Hoola Liquid Bronzer!
Thank you to all who entered, commented, followed, tweeted, and spread the word on my giveaway! I really appreciate it. xoxo
I’ve got a skincare giveaway with a wonderful product from a brand that so many of us love coming up very soon. I need to write it up, but I also sort of want to wait until the website’s woes are over. Stay tuned!