My August ipsy bag just showed up a couple of weeks ago, but I got my new September bag yesterday. Unfortunately, it was missing the Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick from Bare Minerals that I redeemed my points for at the end of July. Boo hoo. I really wanted that lipstick!! After contacting ipsy to let them know about their error, they told me there was nothing they could do because there were no more left to send. Instead, they refunded my 500 points and threw in 125 extra points. Big deal.
So my disappointment aside, here’s this month’s bag. The theme of the September bag is Glamazon. The bag itself with a retro 60s design of women in gold and yellow on a black background is visually interesting.
Unfortunately, the plastic bag has a horribly strong, bad chemical smell. I’ll leave it outside for a couple of days and see if that helps. Otherwise, I’ll have to toss it because it SMELLS BAD 😥
But the contents of the bag are quite good IMHO. Here’s what I got:
- Avene Hydrance Hydrating Serum, deluxe sample: I’ve been interested in trying more products from Avene Skincare so I was happy to get this little tube of serum. Very lightweight cloudy serum that sinks in quickly. So far so good.
- Clark’s Botanicals Age-Defying Radiance Cream, deluxe sample: I’ve never heard of this brand, but I like the looks of this pretty, slightly floral radiance cream. The midweight cream gives a nice glow. I think it would look nice on shoulders or chest as well as on the face. I think it’ll be fun to use. I was amazed to discover that a full size jar of this is priced around $100!
- Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint, travel size: I’ve heard about this new mascara from Tarte and I’ve been curious about it. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet so I’ll get back to you on this. Glad to get to try it.
- Pixi by Petra MatteLustre Lipstick, Rose Eternelle, travel size: This little lipstick is adorable! Plus Rose Eternelle is a fabulous browned-rose that’s perfect for fall. I’m excited about this one!
- Trestique Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent: I’ve gotten Trestique sticks in ipsy bags two or three times now, and I like them well enough. This stick looks like a lovely champagne-colored highlighter. I will definitely use it.
My Glamazon bag contained 3 makeup products so I can’t complain about that. Also, ipsy seems to be including more higher value, more prestigious brands than it once did. I don’t know the exact value of the bag (I’m tired of calculating the value of deluxe samples, lol), but I know it’s worth well over the $10 I paid for it.
Well done, ipsy! Now please do something more meaningful to make up for your screwup on my missing BareMinerals lipstick!
As always, if you don’t subscribe to ipsy and want to in spite of their occasional mishaps, please consider using my referral code to subscribe. xoxo