Ipsy is changing things up. This month, instead of the raspberry pink metallic mailing envelope that I’ve been getting for three years, I received a gold metallic mailing envelope. Pretty and eye-catching.
Inside the mailer, I found this month’s heavy plastic that almost feels like fabric makeup bag: ombre shades of lavender through raspberry pink with Good Vibes Only on the front.
In addition to the bag, I found a brochure that describes Ipsy’s new Cash Rewards Program where you can purchase makeup, skincare and haircare products from Ipsy and get 10-30% cash back.
In fact, they’re offering $5 as a Welcome Bonus to try the program.
I haven’t done a lot of looking into the new program, but I’m wondering if Ipsy will get rid of the percent off products that are featured in the monthly bag when you purchase them from the manufacturer. Frankly, I liked that program a lot. Guess I’ll see about this new program.
So what did I get this month from Ipsy?
First, I forgot that I used some of my Ipsy points to “buy” something. Now that Ipsy points expire, I get nervous if I have too many. I ordered a PIXI lipstick in Honey Bare, a beautiful neutral shade that looks brownish in the bullet but peachy in the swatch. On my lips, it’s lighter than both the bullet and the swatch, and lighter than I would have chosen if I bought this in a store. It’s a creamy lightweight lipstick that turns matte-ish after a while. The color lasts for a few hours if I don’t eat or drink anything. I like it to wear for everyday.
In my Ipsy bag, I received:
- Crown Medium Face Contour Brush: Crown makes very nice inexpensive makeup brushes. This one is packed with softish bristles. It’s a good addition to my brush stash. I like getting makeup brushes from Ipsy. full size
- TheBalm Voyage, Vol. II, Kuwakaribisha Eyeshadow Single/Luminizer: Oooooh, pretty! This shadow or luminzer from TheBalm Voyage, Vol. II, palette is a gorgeous, highly pigmented light champagne shade. Love it! single pan
- Air Repair Super Hydrating Anti-Oxidant Eye Cream: I really like this white eye cream with vitamin E. In fact, I opened it immediately, and I’ve been using it ever since. Good stuff. deluxe travel size
- Aurora Ipsy Pro Color Corrector, Pistachio: This color corrector cream looks very nice but I don’t have enough redness that I need green to color correct it. I’ll give this away to someone who can use it more. not sure if this is full size or deluxe travel size; at any rate, it’s plenty big
- Liquid Coal Liquid Eyeliner, coal black: While I certainly don’t need another black liquid eyeliner, I actually like this thin, felt tip eyeliner that’s super easy to apply. Very nice. full size
Other than the pistachio color corrector, I’ve used everything in this month’s bag already. I like what I got. For $10, decent month.
What did you get in your Ipsy bag this month? What do you think about the new Cash Rewards Program?