I definitely view the passage of time by Ipsy bags. Yesterday, I received my “Volume Up” glam bag for June 2017. Fitting with the theme, the contents of my bag are primarily makeup! How could I disagree with that?
The bag is cute. It’s a waxed cottony fabric in beige with lighter beige polka dots with giant red lips in the middle, and a black bottom.
So what did I get?
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil, shade Matte Black: Who wants another black eye pencil? I do. I hadn’t tried MUFE’s Aqua XL pencils yet, and so far, I’m blown away by this one. It’s soft and easy to apply, and it doesn’t come off on my lower waterline when I tightline with it. The shade is black black black, very dark, and I love it. It’s waterproof so it’s perfect for summer. Pretty darn impressive so far! travel size, about $10 (full size $21)
- Doucce Maxlash Volumizer Mascara: A couple of months ago, I got a pretty lavender shimmery eyeshadow from Doucce in my Ipsy bag, and I liked it. So I was eager to try their Maxlash Volumizer Mascara. The wand is on the big size with bristles and a flat top, similar to the Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara wand that I wrote about last week. I don’t love that flat tip because I find it hard to work with. The formula seems to have fibers in it so it can be a little clumpyish. It does volumize. I haven’t worn it long enough to see how it wears over time. travel size, about $11 (full size $22)
- Luna Eyeshadow, shade Jace: Luna is a new-to-me brand. I received a powder eyeshadow single in a very pretty rosy peach shade. It goes on and blends easily. I only wear eyeshadow over primer, and it appears to wear well so far. I like it. full size, $15
- NYX Whipped Fouette Lip & Cheek Souffle, shade, Plush: I hadn’t noticed this new lip and cheek multitasker from NYX, so it’s fun to try something new. It has the whipped, souffle consistency that some of their other lippies have but it’s not matte – it’s kind of hydrating. I had high hopes for the Plush, nude pink shade, but it’s actually too light for my lips. It’s a pretty cheek shade, but it doesn’t really show up or last that well. I’m enjoying playing with this, but I don’t know if I like it enough to buy it even in a shade that would show up more. full size, $6
- Dr. Lill Fan Probiotic Recovery Cream: Another new-to-me brand. This is the first probiotic face cream I’ve ever tried so I’m curious about it. In addition to probiotics, it has peptides and vitamin C. Dr. Fan has real bonafides. It has a nice light gel-cream consistency that I like, but it has a very, very strong floral scent that I could definitely do without. Marcia, this is not for you! travel size, $22.67 (full size $68)
I loved the fact that it was 4 makeup products and one prestige skincare product. There were 2 full size, and 4 travel size products. The contents of the bag were worth about $66.67 this month, and I paid $10. I’m satisfied! The MUFE AquaXL Eye Pencil will go right into my permanent rotation. In fact, I just used up a green eye pencil from Smashbox, and I wish MUFE had a similar shade because I like this formula better. I’m glad I got to try out the NYX Lip & Cheek Souffle, and I’ll use it up on both my lips and cheeks. I love the eyeshadow. I’m sure I’ll use the travel size mascara in my beach bag. Hopefully, I’ll be able to tolerate the scent of the Dr. Lill Fan Probiotic Recovery Cream in order to give it a fair shot.
As usual, if you don’t subscribe but would like to, I’d be grateful if you would use my referral code. Don’t forget, in addition to the contents of the bag, you get points for free stuff and you get a percent off (usually between 20-30% off) on the brands in the current and recent past bags!
If you already subscribe, what did you get in your Ipsy bag this month?