First things first. Congratulations to Ashley P, the winner of the Derma e Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask giveaway! Woohoo! I just emailed her and hope to hear back from her soon. Thank you to everyone who participated. I’ve got a new giveaway with a makeup product this time coming up shortly. I just have to write it up, so stay tuned!
ipsy “Pretty in #IpsyPink” Bag for February
I’m liking the cute makeup bag from ipsy’s February 2016 “Pretty in #IpsyPink” offering. The pink’s on the back. Of course I love it because there’s a heart on the front.
Here’s a better look at what I got:
- Luxie Small Tapered Blending Eye Brush 231: My one pink item in my “Pretty in #IpsyPink” bag. Although I do love the pretty pink handle and the gold ferule, I love the brush itself. Very soft, full, synthetic bristles coated with an antibacterial solution, it’s a wonderful addition to my brush collection. Full size, $12
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil: I was very curious about this primer. So I tried it, and it was a little difficult to work with because it didn’t come with a pump so a lot more came out than I needed and I ended up having to wipe some of it off. My advice is use it sparingly. I think it’s an interesting alternative for those with dry skin. But I think I’m at the stage where I need a silicone primer that’s more of a filler, but I was happy to have a chance to try this new form out. Deluxe sample, 4 ml/0.13 fl. oz., about $5
- It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product: I didn’t want any more hair products, please, from either Ipsy or Birchbox! So I wasn’t very excited when I got this hair product in my ipsy bag. Oddly, the Miracle Product didn’t say what the miracle is. I looked it up, and it does a lot of things besides condition like protect color-treated hair from fading, controls frizz, protects against flat ironing. I tried it, and I was blown away at how perfect my hair came out! I’ll be trying this again next shampoo to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. So far, it’s a keeper!! This 59 ml/2 fl. oz.size is their smallest size, a travel size, $9
- Jor’el Parker Eau de Parfum, Eau So Divine: A good size deluxe sample in a rollerball glass bottle with the following notes: Sandalwood, golden amber, sensual incense, Egyptian myrrh, pink grapefruit, blackcurrant buds, lily of the valley, star jasmine, rose petals, ylang-ylang, cardamom, Madagascar vanilla
Style: Elevating. Luxurious. Serene. On first whiff, it didn’t seem like my type of scent, but the notes contain ones that I look for. I’m going to give it another try. 8.8 ml, Rollerball, $23
- treStiQue Bora Bora Coral Blush Stick: A bright peachy coral crayon that’s perfect for me for spring and summer. Love it! At 0.04 oz., it is most likely a deluxe sample. The full size priced at $28 comes with a built-in brush. This is just the right size for me. I’m estimating a $14 value.
My Thoughts on This Month’s Bag
A decent month. Cute bag, three products I love (Luxie Brush, treStiQue Blush Stick and the surprise It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product) and one that I was eager to try (Smashbox Primer Oil). The perfume is lovely and a substantial size, but it may not be my type of scent though I’ll either give it a shot or add it to the giveaway pile.
My bag is worth about $63, definitely worth the $10 I paid for it. If you’re not a subscriber and want to take the plunge, I’d be grateful if you’d use my referral code. One of the key benefits besides the bag and goodies is the substantial discount – usually 15-30% off on most of the brands that ipsy works with. That is a deal!
What did you get in your ipsy bag?? Did you get the cute nail polish from either Ciate or Trust Fund? I wanted that!