Yesterday we looked at my Ipsy Snow Globe bag for December, and today let’s look at Sephora Play’s Glam Straight bag.
For the holiday and to fit with the Glam Straight concept, the drawstring bag is a pale peach satin with art deco style font and design.
What’s inside you ask?
Here are the travel size samples for this month:
- IT Cosmetics Confidence In A Cream ($8 for mini 0.237 oz. size): I really wanted to try this anti-aging moisturizer, so I’m happy to get this little jar.
- Smashbox Cover Shot Golden Hour Eyeshadow Duo from the larger $29 Golden Hour palette, shades Turned On and Psyched: Now this little shadow duo is what I’m talking about. When it comes to packaging, even for a travel size duo like this, Smashbox has it all over Pixi by Petra! Yes, I know that their price point and positioning are completely different, lol. I love the sturdy, shiny black palette with a usable mirror inside. Who does that for a sample? Smashbox does! The two shimmer shadows are lovely: peachy rose gold and coppery brown. Perfect shades for moi! Merci!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour, shade Au Naturel: As you know, I love cream shadows, and stick shadows are so handy. I already like Laura Mercier Cavier Sticks, but surprisingly, I haven’t tried any of the matte versions. Au Naturel is a mushroom shade (taupe?), and I think it will make a terrific base or a good everyday shade. Also, I will like it as a crease color. Glad to get this!
- Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen, shade black: I hate to complain because most women who aren’t beauty bloggers would probably be happy to see a liquid eyeliner with a super thin point in their bag. It looks like a great eyeliner, but I’ll put it in the giveaway pile.
- Drybar Triple Sec 3 in 1 Spray for Volume and Body: This spray is meant for flat, lifeless hair. Not my thick, coarse, loaded with body hair. Goes into the huge pile of haircare products that I must, must giveaway soon.
- Miss Dior Eau de Parfum Spray: I pretty much ignore the fragrance samples in the Sephora Play bags that I receive. I almost never like the scents they give us. Unfortunately, Miss Dior is more of the same.
So that’s it. Comparing the Ipsy and Sephora Play bags for December, Sephora Play wins because of the IT Confidence In A Cream, Smashbox Eyeshadow Duo and Laura Mercier Caviar Stick. The prestige brands definitely had the edge.