Gee, the holidays are almost over. Boo! January and February are my least favorite months. But they too shall pass and spring will get here eventually.
Yesterday afternoon, we went to the Harvard Art Museums, three museums that were renovated over the past few years to form one large museum. We saw the Rothko murals, 6 huge canvases that were created for a Harvard dining room that were badly damaged by sunlight. The damage was irreparable, so instead of trying to repair the paint and canvas, the museum, Harvard scientists in conjunction with scientists at the University of Basel in Switzerland, projected colors onto the canvases to recreate what the faded canvases originally looked like. It was a very imaginative fix.
It snowed last night. Though it wasn’t a serious storm, it was pretty messy driving and it left some snow on the ground. We stopped at Sapporo Ramen in Cambridge for my favorite cold winter night meal: spicy miso ramen. OMG, it is soooo delicious!
Fortunately, it’s well above freezing today, it rained for a while, and now everything is a gloppy mess…until the temperature drops and it freezes 🙁 I hope those of you who live in warm climes appreciate your good fortune! 🙂
If you’re got some extra time to take a glance, here are this week’s beauty blogposts from Beauty Blog Coalition. In case you missed it, my Best of 2014 beauty products are toward the bottom of the list. There are also some terrific product reviews, recommendations for nail polishes in the Pantone Color of the Year “marsala”, and advice on starting the new year right.
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: African Botanics Marula Shimmering Gold Oil is absolute hydration and shimmer perfection that can be used from head to toe!
- TheFabZilla: 31 days, 31 Ways. TheFabZilla shares how you can start 2015 with a NEW YOU!
- beautyXposé: Looking for a new face product? Keep reading to see what Kristin thinks of Osmosis Colour CC Cream.
- Painted Ladies: Sheila tested Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes and gives her unbiased thoughts on how this much discussed mascara works.
- Beauty on the Bayou: 5 DIY Ways Lemon Juice Can Keep Your Skin and Nails Looking Great.
- Never Say Die Beauty: Allison’s Best of Beauty for 2014.
- BeautyTidbits: Looking to give Marsala a whirl? Check out these 10 prettiest Marsala-hued nail polishes to spice up your look in the new year!
Enjoy and have a great week!