Enjoying the run up to Christmas? Got all your shopping done?
It’s a beautiful but chilly day here in MA, and we’re at a loss for what to do. Not exactly strolling outside temperatures, and we definitely want to stay out of the malls. We’ve been to all the museums nearby recently. Hmmm. I hate to go to the dark movies on a bright sunny afternoon. So we headed to seaside Marblehead even though I was there a little over a week ago. No shopping this time, but lovely scenery. Here are a couple of pix of Marblehead harbor in the late afternoon and at sunset (Boston is in the distance in the sunset pic).
We also drove around looking at Christmas decorations. There are two modest homes in the Danvers MA that always do up their houses next door to each other to the max. They accept donations that go to Boston Children’s Hospital. I really get a kick out of it. They cover every inch of their homes and properties. They even create a “waterfall” between the two houses with lights that blink on and off to simulate moving water. Amazing! Maybe not good taste, but so much fun. I love seeing them every year 😛
What were you up to? Enjoy the rest of your weekend and this holiday season!
PUR Minerals Giveaway Reminder
Reminder: my PUR Minerals Cameo Contour stick giveaway ends tonight just before midnight EST. I’ve giving away to four double-ended highlighter/contour sticks in 4 shades: Medium, Tan, Dark and Deep. These cream sticks are a great way to get into or practice highlighting and contouring! Please enter if you haven’t since there will be 4 winners. I really need some more darker skinned women to enter because very few entrants have expressed in interest in the Dark or Deep shades. Remember with a contour stick, you’re not looking to match your skin tone, you want it to be a deeper shade. I can not guarantee you’ll get your shade preference, unfortunately, because I have only one of each shade. However, they would make a lovely gift to someone who can wear the shade even if they won’t arrive in time for Christmas. Click here to enter!
Beauty Blog Coalition Weekly Roundup
- TheFabZilla: Hollaback Girl. Don’t Speak. Luxurious. Oh yes, I got Gwen Stefani Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette. Full review on the blog!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: LORAC Pink Champagne Eye Shadow/Cheek Palette is a gorgeous must-have limited edition palette for only $19.00!
- Painted Ladies: Sheila has the scoop on the very first monthly brush subscription set from Morphe, #MorpheMe – you get over $30 worth of brushes for $20 a month!
- Beauty by Miss L: Leelo from Beauty by Miss L loves Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner Duo!
- Never Say Die Beauty: Allison from Never Say Die Beauty shares some last minute small gift and stocking stuffer ideas
- I Know all the Words: Press pause on the holiday craziness and take a moment for yourself.. Need inspiration? The Holiday Pamper includes my me time picks.