Happy Weekend! What have you been up to?
On Saturday, Jeff and I went to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts to see the Dutch painting exhibit. We were very excited about that, and it was a great show featuring Rembrandt, Vermeer, Hals, van Dyck, Ter Borch! But it was extremely crowded. Afterwards, we headed to the modern wing and saw a fabulous craft exhibit. Wish I’d taken more photos, but here are a few from Crafted Objects in Flux. I also wish I had jotted down the names of the artists.
The photo below was a detail from a large rectangular ceramic piece hung over a window. The blue that you can see especially in the lower right side is the late afternoon blue light coming in through the pieces of ceramic. Amazing!
The next photo is a closeup and distance shot of an installation made up of handmade cameos edged in silver. As a jewelry lover, I was enchanted by this idea.
The last piece was crafted from glass. I would love this in my bedroom 😛
In the evening, we went to Sapporo Ramen in Porter Square Cambridge ‘coz it was months (since last spring) since I’ve had ramen. I had the spicy miso ramen. Do you have a favorite ramen joint?
Next up are this week’s beauty blogposts from Beauty Blog Coalition. Lots of great fall makeup reviews that may be good ideas for holiday gifts, giveaways, fall decorating ideas, and lots more. Take a look!
- TheFabZilla: What’s your favorite look for Fall? TheFabZilla shows her Bronze Eyes and Dark Berry Lips
- Painted Ladies: Offering smooth, rich color, the PÃ¼r Epic Illusion Artistâ€™s Blush & Contour Palette is worth a look!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Hair Styling Tools Gift Guide with lots of treasures for the beauty product obsessed on your list!
- Never Say Die Beauty: Allison owns more than 20 concealers. A little excessive you say? Here’s why she has a well-developed concealer wardrobe.
- Beauty by Miss L: Avon Magic Effects Molten Metallic nail polish in Gold is a perfect golden microglitter polish for this holiday season.
- Color Me So Crazy: Looking for Some NEW Metals for Your Lids? Look No Further….
- I Know all the Words: Stick it has a whole new meaning when you add Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation to your makeup bag.
- Be Happy And Buy Polish: Jessica reviewed 5 Madam Glam fall nail polishes, and they are definite winners!
- Confessions of a Makeup Addict: Youngblood Cosmetics Holiday 2015 Eyeshadow Duos
- ProcrastiNails: Ever been curious about dollar store beauty products? This week Katherine is taking a look at 6 surprisingly lovely polishes by Mariposa from Dollarama!
- Crazy Beautiful Makeup: Chanel Holiday Vamp Attitude Rouge Noir Shadow Review
- Makeup Obsessed Mom: Stacie is sharing some of the best makeup hacks this week.
- Notes from My Dressing Table: Late to the party but loving the Too Faced Love Eye Shadow Palette, Erika is.
- Inspirations and Celebrations: Enter To Win $200 of Deluxe Makeup, Beauty Products, and Fashion
- Collective Beauty : Review and swatches of the BECCA Mineral Blush in Wild Honey
- From My Vanity: Katie’s sharing 5 easy ways that you can revamp and decorate your makeup vanity for fall!