I’m not a makeup artist, so I really don’t do makeup tutorials. But from time to time, I come up with a look that I like that I think is worth sharing. So I’d like to share this autumn look.
In July, in my first ipsy bag (a $10 a month beauty product subscription service), I received a small eye shadow palette from bh cosmetics. The palette is the California Collection, and the three shades are named after places in Cali: Hollywood – a deep matte purple, San Francisco – a shimmery medium brown, and Malibu – shimmery gold. I played around with the palette a little when I received it in the summer, and I thought it would be a great fall palette…but then, I sort of forgot about it.
For some strange reason, I always feel like playing around with makeup late at night. I have no clue why then, especially since the light is bad, or maybe that’s why. At any rate, I wore a fall turtleneck and sweater to my garden club meeting last night. I bought the orange and gold handmade sweater in a wonderful store in San Francisco while I was there on business several years ago. The store was called Three Bags Full, and I was sad to discover when I was in SF last year, that the store no longer exists. They had the most gorgeous handmade sweaters, coats, hats, and accessories. Boo hoo.
I was inspired by the autumn colors of the sweater and memories of San Francisco in the fall to resurrect the California Collection eye shadow palette. And I was surprised at how much I liked the results. I have a satiny party top in gold and purple that would also look great with the shadows in the Cali Collection.
Here’s a “creepy eyes” close-up of what I did. It’s difficult to see the purple at the outer edges of my eyes, but it is there 😉 I must work on better photography!
And here are the products I used, and how I used them for the complete look.
- Cosmedica Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum to help hydrate my skin
- Lumene CC Cream (full review to come soon)
- essence I Love Stage eye foundation/primer on a couple of my dark spots/sun damage that aren’t covered by the CC cream
- essence match2cover concealer duo under my eyes
- essence concealer stick on top of the I Love Stage that acts like a primer to make the concealer last longer on my sun damage
- Physicians Formula Happy Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Warm, a peachy pink shade
- essence I Love Stage eye foundation/primer on my eye lids and eye area
- earlier, I had applied on my lids: Stila Smudge Crayon in Antique, a neutral pale rose gold shade that can be used as a primer, eye shadow or eye liner
- earlier, I had applied Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Dark Brown to my upper lashline with a modified cat eye, drawing the line up from the lower lashline toward the end of the eyebrow — so it gives just a little lift to the eyes
- essence Limited Edition A New League felt tip liquid eyeliner in medium brown to my lower lashline
- bh cosmetics California Collection San Francisco, brown, in the crease
- bh cosmetics California Collection Hollywood, purple, in the outer third of my lid in a v-shape
- bh cosmetics California Collection Malibu, gold, in the middle of the eye
- CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara in dark brown on my lashes
- Milani Color Statement Lipliner in 04 All Natural
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Naturally Chic
Wow, that’s a whole lotta makeup! But it probably took less than 15 minutes total to apply. And it was fun to do.
So what’s your autumn look? Have you added any new shades now that fall is here?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2013 Never Say Die Beauty